British football cup?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by PokerPro, Jun 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What about a football tournament every 2 years with N Ireland, England, Scotland, Wales and maybe invite a foreign guest nation (preferably a crappy commonwealth one so England still win every time.)
    Then instead of Jock / English hatred at world cup time and everyone referring to past games, victories, there'd always be more recnt matches to talk about.
    Plus, sometimes one of the other teams may be lucky enough to beat England overall in the comp. N Ireland managed a win so who knows. I think I'd rather watch this than the European Cup.
    Then again, perhaps we'd have to even up the teams a little so its not England winning everytime. Maybe blindfold our keeper?? Or the England team have to play on pogo sticks or something???

But, seriously, I think it would be a massively popular tournament and could be played over a 6 or 12 months if required so the players arent whinging about having to play 'all year round' for £50k a week.
    Suppose biggest problem maybe the re-emergence of hooliganism.

Any thoughts?

2. I think that would make it the United Kingdom Cup or Commonwealth cup wouldn't it?

3. Yup. The home internationals were a great institution of the past and your idea has been floated since. England get to beat everyone, Wales / N. Ireland fight over the relgation spot, whilst Scotland wreck the ground. Great sport!

4. The Home internationals of old will never be revived. Managers whinge about the amount of games at the moment, imagine introducing another 6-12 internationals into the calander

5. Agreed.

The metatarsals just couldn't hack it.

6. You know - 5 years ago I couldn't even spell metatarsals, now I am one.

7. I'm trying to metatarsal the line nowadays.

8. And a neighbour bought a new metatarsal bar for his car.

Fcuking caravans.

9. Tic Tac Metatarsal.

10. Just watch you don't put your foot in it.

11. Thanks for the advice. I'll try not to put my end of the leg on which a person normally stands and walks, that is an extremely complex anatomic structure made up of 26 bones and 33 joints that must work together with 19 muscles and 107 ligaments to execute highly precise movements and must be strong to support more than 100,000 pounds of pressure for every mile walked and small changes can unexpectedly undermine its structural integrity and cause pain with every step, in it.

12. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Apparantly the England Medical team stated Rooney was to get a Hydrocortizone Injection. Beckham winged "If he's getting a new car, then I want one too!"

13. Nice one.

Funny as fcuk.

14. Maybe he can sell it and pay off the gambling debts.

15. Yeah, that was the reason that the tournament was stopped the other nations did not *ahem* "offer sufficient competition" to the boys in white.

Now, remind who won the last one will you?