British Female Airborne???

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by 3.16, Jun 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. IMG-20120612-WA0001.jpg View attachment 78209

Does the UKarmed forces have female airborne???
    Otherthan theBPC at No.1 PTS and the squares for SF do we have any other courses that couldmean these 2 females are legitimately wearing what appears to be BritishMilitary Parachute Wings???
    Havingwatched an episode of HMS Ark Royal on the discovery channel (11/06/2012), isaw a female wearing what appeared to be a set of British Military ParachuteWings. Can anyone explain?

Ive found the show on youtube 'HMS Ark Royal - Episode 8/9'

HMS Ark Royal - Episode 8/9 - YouTube

Onthis particular link it can be found at 41:43.
    Ivealso found this on the rum ration forum
    http://www.navy-net.co.uk/quarterdeck/55492-parachuting-wings-4.html

See phots above

2. I'm sure if you use the search function you'll find that the second picture has been discussed at length, can't find the link off hand but I'll let you do the work since you asked.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

No.

The SPAG used to wear the BBC but have long since been informed that they are to wear the light bulb.

4. So can females serve in SPAG, if so, then they now where a lightbulb?

Should i ever see a female in the British Armed Forces with lightbulb or having done any form of jumps course?

Boxy that link i posted is in reference to the 2nd phot, but is in the Navy area.

5. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Got it ?

6. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Thought the lightbulb went out years ago?
    Otherwise shouldn't everyone serving in a non airborne role sporting wings revert to the bulb?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stuff that- what the **** is that wren doing on the first picture wearing a watch with her Number 1's!

As for the one in the second pic- She is a Surg.Lt with SPAG and I believe they are parachute trained.

8. Does it matter? All three femaies would get it. I'm sure we've all done worse.

9. Damn right they'd get it, and we've done worse. Yet this lot would gasp,"Oooh deeper, Royal, Deeper" and "Harder, Royal, Harder, you big boy" in a nice female voice instead of the usual guttral greatful dwafts voice..... :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Shocking - women in the Navy and on board a ship. they'll be giving them the vote next...

BTW, there are a vast number of "combat support" and "combat service Support" jobs in 16 AA and 3 Cdo Bde plus jobs for RN and RAF, if its not "Close Combat" it is open to male and female alike.

11. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

It's a ******* depth gauge.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Sod that, WTF is a woman doing on a ship????

13. For the eagle eyed - an example of this can be seen in the RN's Devonport series episode 1.

14. Thanks.

• Funny Funny x 1