British Embassy in Buenas Aires attacked by mob.

Ok nothing too unusal about that.
However despite the coverage on SkyNews last night,I saw no mention of it on the BBC News,nor do I see it on the BBC website.
Surely the BBC were aware of it?

C

cloudbuster

You may have noticed an anti-Government agenda in some of Sky's output recently. If the rioting had warranted the Beeb's attention - I gather, like you, that it's nothing unusual - they would have covered it.

The Oakland University killings dominated the news for most of the night , stealing the demonstrators thunder . Maybe they will be paid by Sky to do it all again today.
Of course , it wouldn't be anything to do with the grilling Murdoch and his organization received at the hands of the Leveson Enquiry

They are rioting in B-A. How terribly predictable. Can we have a newsflash about kiddy fiddling in the Roman Catholic church next.

Ok nothing too unusal about that.
However despite the coverage on SkyNews last night,I saw no mention of it on the BBC News,nor do I see it on the BBC website.
Surely the BBC were aware of it?

BBC: Argies 'good', British Empire 'bad'… M'kay?

See Beebs latest anti Empire winge courtesy of Paxo.

Surely the best thing is to ignore these rioters?

Are there any Vulcans left to bomb the place?

Remember the plot in the Bond film Tomorrow Never Dies? Shurely Sky would never sponsor a riot in a foreign country in the hopes it would trigger a military response? Especially when the only thing the UK can do is chuck a nuclear weapon.

Judging by the effort,man hours and expense of dropping one bomb on Stanley runway that may not be the best option.
That was kind of my point. I really have to work on my sarcasm calibration. :)

Surely the best thing is to ignore these rioters?
is there a button for that? what if I want to 'like' the rioters? Perhaps a new thread about likes or ignore...

C

cloudbuster

Well, you lot have a vested interest, given that's where a sizeable chunk of your pre-1945 population moved to.

I saw a bit on the riot but only saw 8 blokes getting a bit shirty.

I was still recovering from seeing John Simpson reporting from one of Argentina's mighty warships on the other side. "Argentina is a country that has all but disarmed itself." Camera swings from tooled up speedboat to rusting hulk that looks like it was at Jutland.

Made me chuckle like ****.

Latest Threads