British defeats

0311 has left the thread.
Spoilsport. We'd got the fucking loser to the stage where he was handing out bullshits. I liked to imagine the bubble-butted, smooth-skinned civvy cunt's tear-streaked face as he realised that he was the butt of his own trolling.

Hopefully it won't be long before he can regale us with more of his cool theories.

Last edited:

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Isn't it ironic, a thread running to 67 pages and the mongtard who started it isn't allowed.

CherryBum

Swinger
Swinging this thread away from troll bashing and back to its original namesake. I recently revisited the battlefield at Isandlwana and it still hits me every time the eeriness of the place and the bravery and courage those soldiers must have had to have stood there ground in the face of 30 000 oncoming Zulu impi and the knowledge of there impending doom one can only imagine.

Also looking at the majority of defeats like Isandwlana it is clear these were due to tactical incompetence or errors on the part of the commanders and I have yet to find a case from the time when Britain had a standing professional army where the cause of defeat was due to the inferior quality or lack of courage of the British Soldier.

Last edited:
Swinging this thread away from troll bashing and back to its original namesake. I recently revisited the battlefield at Isandlwana and it still hits me every time the eeriness of the place and the bravery and courage those soldiers must have had to have stood there ground in the face of 30 000 oncoming Zulu impi and the knowledge of there impending doom one can only imagine.

Also looking at the majority of defeats like Isandwlana it is clear these were due to tactical incompetence or errors on the part of the commanders and I have yet to find a case from the time when Britain had a standing professional army where the cause of defeat was due to the inferior quality or lack of courage of the British Soldier.
Preston Pans?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

One of Fortescue's more memorable quotes from his History of the British Army was that you could destroy a good British battalion but never break one.

I think too that something the British do well is to celebrate bravery even in defeat - Dunkirk, Charge of the Light Brigade, Dieppe etc. I can't think of too many American and other that admit both defeat and bravery so well.

+0311 why have you changed your YouTube name to marine musketeer and why have you deleted your pics and videos of you supposedly in the USMC, outed as a racist faking walt and supporter of the PIRA perhaps?

I think too that something the British do well is to celebrate bravery even in defeat - Dunkirk, Charge of the Light Brigade, Dieppe etc. I can't think of too many American and other that admit both defeat and bravery so well.
The Confederacy, Bataan & Wake....

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
The Confederacy, Bataan & Wake....
Seem to be quite keen on Custer as well?

Do the French learn about agincourt? Or any military history?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

you're right about Custer - i would put Gettysburg in there too.
But the way defeat is celebrated is entriely different UK side.

+0311 why have you changed your YouTube name to marine musketeer and why have you deleted your pics and videos of you supposedly in the USMC, outed as a racist faking walt and supporter of the PIRA perhaps?
Because he's a c***.

Latest Threads