British cop nearly stabbed.

This guy is arrested after brandishing a samurai sword & it kicks off from around 3m.05s. Makes you (well, certainly makes me!) think. Unfortunately been in this postition several times myself.
Cop was very lucky. What's the bet the guy gets out after something like 18 months...

Good drills all round.

Note the guy who blocks the camera, was that to get a few sly digs in? :twisted:

Sadly, not an unusual occurance.

A ned who turned up at Glasgow A&E with a huge gash in his head was asked what he had been attacked with.

"Aw, it wiz jest an ordinary sword, man."

"Just" a sword. Nothing out of the ordinary, another night in Glasgow... :roll:

Definately no kickings anymore. Can honestly say I've never seen anyone get a kicking in all my service, in either force I've worked in, at any station, by any cop. I'm sure it will happen, but very, very rarely.

Excellent drills by all concerned, I think young CHAV CNUT would of enjoyed his strip search straight after with the coppers wearing welding gloves, bang him up for attempted murder. :x

scottishcammy said:
Definately no kickings anymore. Can honestly say I've never seen anyone get a kicking in all my service, in either force I've worked in, at any station, by any cop. I'm sure it will happen, but very, very rarely.
And violent crime is going through the roof. Am I alone in suspecting there may be a connection?

Just found this:

PC Croft was part of a team of two who attended Paignton Esplanade in August last year after reports that Lord (the male in question) had been knocked over by cyclists taking part in a race. Witnesses said he was carrying a Samurai sword.

The two policeman quickly confirmed that Lord had the weapon and arrested the 22-year-old student, of no fixed abode.

The officers handcuffed the suspect and conducted a brief search before transporting him to Paignton police station.

CCTV footage of the attack came to light when Lord was sentenced at Exeter Crown Court yesterday. He pleaded guilty to wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm and two charges of carrying an offensive weapon.

Judge Graham Cottle said: "This was a potentially murderous attack on a police officer. That knife would have been in the officer's neck had it not been for his incredibly quick reactions and those of his colleagues. They saved a tragedy from happening."

Lord had previous convictions for carrying a knife, assault, racist violence, vandalism and robbery. He was detained indefinitely under the Mental Health Act. He will be released from a secure hospital only with the Home Secretary's approval.

......Lord had previous convictions for carrying a knife, assault, racist violence, vandalism and robbery......

What the **** was he doing out in public?! The public have no idea how many of these nutters are wandering about. I come into contact with one at least once a week, and it's relatively quiet where I work just now. The sentencing system is shagged. :(

scottishcammy said:
......Lord had previous convictions for carrying a knife, assault, racist violence, vandalism and robbery......

What the * was he doing out in public?! The public have no idea how many of these nutters are wandering about. I come into contact with one at least once a week, and it's relatively quiet where I work just now. The sentincing system is shagged. :(
The two policeman quickly confirmed that Lord had the weapon and arrested the 22-year-old student, of no fixed abode.

The officers handcuffed the suspect and conducted a brief search before transporting him to Paignton police station

He was arrested because witnesses saw him with a samuri sword and he had previous convictions. Why the hell did he not have a full search straight away instead of being taken to the police station , handcuffs released then searched :?

The_IRON said:
scottishcammy said:

What the * was he doing out in public?! The public have no idea how many of these nutters are wandering about. I come into contact with one at least once a week, and it's relatively quiet where I work just now. The sentincing system is shagged. :(

The officers handcuffed the suspect and conducted a brief search before transporting him to Paignton police station

He was arrested because witnesses saw him with a samuri sword and he had previous convictions. Why the hell did he not have a full search straight away instead of being taken to the police station , handcuffs released then searched :?
What exactly do you mean by a full search? How often have you searched someone on the street in a very difficult situation? Once, twice, every bloody day, never? Are you aware of the laws regaridng the prisoner's rights? We are bound by laws and, unless we abide by those laws, we are as bad as the offenders....... & they have rights.
To search the guy properly, he would have to be strip searched, including arse-hole, bollocks, foreskin, etc. That has to be done in a cell.
You are quite entitled to perform a street search in these circumstances, but it is very, very easy to conceal/hide/miss something.

They did search him, they just didn't find the knife. ******* easily done, give the guy a break.

If you look at the tape, the guy is compliant. The cuffs have to come off at some time mate and his brief would argue unfair treatment, etc, etc and the case gets fucked (been there before) for such a minor point.

All things considered, I would have searched him in a cell with at least one other, but English law is different, I have to, my understanding is they don't.

The long and the short of it, instead of giving the cop a hard time, why not be thankful he did his job and got this guy off the street and saved some other poor bugger inevitably getting stabbed?

scottishcammy said:
The_IRON said:
scottishcammy said:

What exactly do you mean by a full search? How often have you searched someone on the street in a very difficult situation? Once, twice, every bloody day, never? Are you aware of the laws regaridng the prisoner's rights? We are bound by laws and, unless we abide by those laws, we are as bad as the offenders....... & they have rights.
To search the guy properly, he would have to be strip searched, including arse-hole, balls, foreskin, etc. That has to be done in a cell.
You are quite entitled to perform a street search in these circumstances, but it is very, very easy to conceal/hide/miss something.

They did search him, they just didn't find the knife. * easily done, give the guy a break.

If you look at the tape, the guy is compliant. The cuffs have to come off at some time mate and his brief would argue unfair treatment, etc, etc and the case gets fucked (been there before) for such a minor point.

All things considered, I would have searched him in a cell with at least one other, but English law is different, I have to, my understanding is they don't.

The long and the short of it, instead of giving the cop a hard time, why not be thankful he did his job and got this guy off the street and saved some other poor bugger inevitably getting stabbed?
Like most the offer posters on here we are sticking up for the police but questions have to be asked, maybe heinsight.

Try climbing off your high horse for a moment as Im not giving this bloke hassle but would of like you said had another of my mates present to assist in the search mainly because they knew he'd been in possession of a blade. Also he didnt pull the knife from out of his ARRSE so yes for my safety I would of conducted as much of the search in a cell or something similar like you say whilst he was wearing cuffs. The size of that sword would of been spotted without a full internal. The coppers were all safe thank god but were extremely lucky so as someone said earlier I bet the arresting copper next time WILL keep the cuffs on him longer.
Ps you might be suprised how many squaddies have actually searched people whilst in the forces and who ever you are yours and your comrades safety comes first.

Like I said not having a go at you or police in general but if you dont pick faults in things then they cant be improved.

Trust me, that will all ready have been done to death by his conduct & discipline 'colleagues'. Procedures will have been reviewed / altered, etc, etc.
I'm not on a high horse mate, just don't see the point in criticism at his search. I'm sure it probably could have been done better but, and I'm sure, as you have already made reference to, being a member/former member of HM armed forces, you will be well aware that decisions made on the ground in the middle of a rammy are sometimes not as well thought out as those made at a table in an office.
I would have thought the first reaction would have been 'bloody hell', why are guys like this on the street / why is sentencing not better / what about giving the cops better protection / thank god he's alright. Not 'why the hell didn't he do a proper search?'

Ultimately, I wasn't there, so I don't know, and neither were you, so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the search.
I'm not really bothered about the search. I see mistakes in my job all the time as they are highlighted and dicussed to death when they happen, just SOP, so perhaps it doesn't mean the same to me.

I take your point about the forces searching and I was fully aware of it when I posted. My brother has been in the sand god knows how many times and I realise the situation.
However, I would think the average cop carries out many, many thousands of searches in their career. It's something you do every day, at times several times a day.
Mistakes will happen.
Trust me, it will have been pointed out to him, his bosses, colleagues, other forces, again and again and again, don't worry on that one.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Blink and you miss it. Well done guys.

Latest Threads