British cop nearly stabbed.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by scottishcammy, Aug 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This guy is arrested after brandishing a samurai sword & it kicks off from around 3m.05s. Makes you (well, certainly makes me!) think. Unfortunately been in this postition several times myself.
    Cop was very lucky. What's the bet the guy gets out after something like 18 months...

2. Good reactions by the arresting officer, but surely you'd search a suspect before taking the cuffs off?

3. You wouldn't necessarily search before taking cuffs off, depends on why they have been arrested and demeanour.

4. He will do next time.

Top drills.

5. Good drills all round.

Note the guy who blocks the camera, was that to get a few sly digs in? :twisted:

6. Sadly, not an unusual occurance.

A ned who turned up at Glasgow A&E with a huge gash in his head was asked what he had been attacked with.

"Aw, it wiz jest an ordinary sword, man."

"Just" a sword. Nothing out of the ordinary, another night in Glasgow... :roll:

7. I certainly hope so! :twisted:

8. Definately no kickings anymore. Can honestly say I've never seen anyone get a kicking in all my service, in either force I've worked in, at any station, by any cop. I'm sure it will happen, but very, very rarely.

9. I'm guessing you're not a cop?

10. Excellent drills by all concerned, I think young CHAV CNUT would of enjoyed his strip search straight after with the coppers wearing welding gloves, bang him up for attempted murder. :x

11. And violent crime is going through the roof. Am I alone in suspecting there may be a connection?

12. Just found this:

PC Croft was part of a team of two who attended Paignton Esplanade in August last year after reports that Lord (the male in question) had been knocked over by cyclists taking part in a race. Witnesses said he was carrying a Samurai sword.

The two policeman quickly confirmed that Lord had the weapon and arrested the 22-year-old student, of no fixed abode.

The officers handcuffed the suspect and conducted a brief search before transporting him to Paignton police station.

CCTV footage of the attack came to light when Lord was sentenced at Exeter Crown Court yesterday. He pleaded guilty to wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm and two charges of carrying an offensive weapon.

Judge Graham Cottle said: "This was a potentially murderous attack on a police officer. That knife would have been in the officer's neck had it not been for his incredibly quick reactions and those of his colleagues. They saved a tragedy from happening."

Lord had previous convictions for carrying a knife, assault, racist violence, vandalism and robbery. He was detained indefinitely under the Mental Health Act. He will be released from a secure hospital only with the Home Secretary's approval.

13. Have to agree with M'lud's comments: excellent reactions from all coppers involved. Good Drills.

14. ......Lord had previous convictions for carrying a knife, assault, racist violence, vandalism and robbery......

What the **** was he doing out in public?! The public have no idea how many of these nutters are wandering about. I come into contact with one at least once a week, and it's relatively quiet where I work just now. The sentencing system is shagged. :(

15. The two policeman quickly confirmed that Lord had the weapon and arrested the 22-year-old student, of no fixed abode.

The officers handcuffed the suspect and conducted a brief search before transporting him to Paignton police station

He was arrested because witnesses saw him with a samuri sword and he had previous convictions. Why the hell did he not have a full search straight away instead of being taken to the police station , handcuffs released then searched :?