British companies reasonably optimistic of Iraq contracts.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Nov 11, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well you'd hope so eh? Although life being what it is, I wouldn't have been surprised if all the contracts went to German and French firms.

By the way, all the documents, plans and delivery notes that we found at Basrah International were all in German and Arabic... any surprise there?

2. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

And the most up-to-date weaponry found (Crotale, Milan, etc.) was all French - some of it post-sanctions.... Strangley, nothing said about this :?:

Meanwhile, expect the Italians to be running away very soon - their local Police HQ is now a pile of smoking rubble, poor bastards. VERY big bang about 2 hours ago, did our windows in and we're half a mile away.

3. Arrse, first with the breaking stories........

This just made it to BBC news

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3263087.stm

Twelve Italians have been killed in a bomb attack on their base in the southern Iraqi city of Nasiriya.
    Italy's defence ministry said nine police officers and three soldiers had died in the blast.

Local hospital officials quoted by Reuters news agency say eight Iraqis have also been killed.

The powerful explosion - said to have been detonated by a suicide car bomber - partially destroyed the building.

Italian paramilitary police - known as Carabinieri - are part of a deployment of more than 2,000 Italian troops in Iraq.

You keep your head down mate, I understand a suicide bomber scored an own goal yesterday, on his way to do us a spot of no good.

Keep safe

PTP

4. Ummmm, call me old fashioned if you like....... but isn't that what a suicide bomber is supposed to do? :?

5. Indeed Plant, but I think the idea, is to take some of us infidels into Paradise with him, as opposed to "What's that buzzing noise? Oh SHIIIII" :lol:

6. British Army, best in the world, don't even have to search bombers, they just decide it is not worth it and blow themselves up. Did he not still take afew with him?

7. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Him dead, his mate VSI, taken to (mil) hospital, his two other mates crawled off. All dressed as Police.

8. How did they get the uniforms/brassards?

That's a worrying development, someone is thinking outside the box on Red team :(