British citizenship

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Livin_on_a_prayer, Jun 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was watching a program yesterday morning, and it was about people immigrating into the UK from Poland and Pakistan etc. They have to now swear alligience to the Queen and have a ceremony and all that. It was quite touching to see, because they were so proud that they were now British, some of them were crying and some were saying it was the best day of their lives. It was good to see them wanting to intergrate and proud of becoming British.
  2. That has been like that for several months now. I agree, they should swear allegiance to the crown.

And as to crying, well.... they can get benefits en masse now :D
  3. That's all well and good, however when ever a Ghurka leaves the Army, he gets a one-way ticket to Nepal and told never to darken our shores again. As far as I am concerned as soon as they sign on the dotted line they are as good as given their passport. Maybe this should be passed onto the next batch of immigrants, come in by the way here is your uniform, you start basic training tomorrow then your off to Afghanistan after training. Then we'll see how many of them then swear fealty to the crown.
  4. Then again, would we want them in.... Could use some bottle washers I suppose :D

5. Were you one of them?
  6. Probably wouldn't worry a lot of them too much mate - sending them right back home to Afghanistan again for a 6 month tour should be childs play :D
  7. Then they would probably hijack another plane to come back.... :D