British Citizens held under armed guard.

Unbelievably, to me anyway, the Russian authorities are holding brits under armed guard in a single hotel corridor. They are not allowed to leave the corridor, have no access to their medicines or luggage, so have been festering in the same clothes. They are flight passengers stranded on their way back from Thailand, and I believe they have been there since Friday. At no point on boarding the flight were they informed about the closed airspace in Europe or that they will be dumped in Russia and rounded up.

I find it astounding that our Embassy in Moscow has not been able to do anything to ease their situation. The young lady being interviewed is the sister of a friend of mine so I'm not just jumping on the outrage bus whilst making all sorts of assumptions, although if anyone has the works ticket....

Click HERE for the article and video.

FBG.

FatBoyGeorge said:
I find it astounding that our Embassy in Moscow has not been able to do anything to ease their situation.
Sky_News said:
The British Ambassador has been allowed into the hotel and is seeking temporary visas that will allow the travellers some freedom.

Complain to KGB resident, he might be able to pull a few strings.

The Russian authorities have never (officially) approved of sex tourism.

stacker1 said:
FatBoyGeorge said:
I find it astounding that our Embassy in Moscow has not been able to do anything to ease their situation.
Sky_News said:
The British Ambassador has been allowed into the hotel and is seeking temporary visas that will allow the travellers some freedom.
Yes I did read that bit, doesn't change the fact nothing has been achieved. There are people from all over the world stranded in a foreign land yet the Russians see it fit to hold those stuck under guard. Not even any access outside of the hotel to try and sort out a flight/train somewhere closer to the UK. I have an immediate friend trapped in the USA with no visa, yet he is free to sample the delights of Vegas.

FBG.

sandmanfez said:
Tongue in cheek comment there!

eodmatt said:
sandmanfez said:
Tongue in cheek comment there!
but which cheek will the tongue be in???

Mr_Deputy said:
Is this situation made worse by recent lack of entente cordiale between UK and Russia plus the US case of a adopting mother who sent her adopted Russian son back to Russia on his own as she was sick of his behavioural problems?!
Entente cordiale? What's wrong with Ribena?

sandmanfez said:
Was that not the reason for the Russian Airborne foray into Afghanistan in '79? From what I heard, they enjoyed the local custom and stayed a while.

Mr_Deputy said:
eodmatt said:
Mr_Deputy said:
Is this situation made worse by recent lack of entente cordiale between UK and Russia plus the US case of a adopting mother who sent her adopted Russian son back to Russia on his own as she was sick of his behavioural problems?!
Ribena is fine but this is the problem no one has created a suitable diluted juice drink for the Soviet regions.*
Obviously we had Um Bongo for ambassadorial work in Africa which did and continues to give great service in the region.

* True story a very good-looking female old friend, who I was talking to last night in fact, developed the Ribena lolly. Like a Calipo but purple. It was obviously intended for ambassadorial work in areas such as Siberia etc but the funding dried up and it became a confectionary item.
Ah yes, Um Bongo. They drink it in the Congo, don't you know?

Mr_Deputy said:
Miner said:
Mr_Deputy said:
eodmatt said:
Mr_Deputy said:
Ribena is fine but this is the problem no one has created a suitable diluted juice drink for the Soviet regions.*
Obviously we had Um Bongo for ambassadorial work in Africa which did and continues to give great service in the region.

* True story a very good-looking female old friend, who I was talking to last night in fact, developed the Ribena lolly. Like a Calipo but purple. It was obviously intended for ambassadorial work in areas such as Siberia etc but the funding dried up and it became a confectionary item.
Ah yes, Um Bongo. They drink it in the Congo, don't you know?
Belgians'll drink fcking anything!

YES, but they do make excedingly good beer.....Stella anyone

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Why hasn't Gordon rescued them. He is supposed to have saved of the world isn't he? I don't get it. Surely one quick phone call to his mate Putin and they would be released with free tickets to Lenin's Tomb and the Bolshoi. A huge triumph in the run up to the election.

Meanwhile back on planet earth perhaps some of Brown's cronies have realised if Brown got involved the resulting fcuk-up might look bad and might compromise their ride on the gravy train. Maybe they haven't told the twunt.

If I was the malevolent kind I might contact R4 and demand that Brown do something. I won't because as much as I detest him I would be worried about the possible bad outcome for the stranded Brits.

Why can,t all these stranded folk claim Distressed British Subject status and have our Embassies get them home, it worked some years ago for my old man when he was stranded through no fault of his own in Dar es Salaam, East Africa

Manley said:
Why can,t all these stranded folk claim Distressed British Subject status and have our Embassies get them home, it worked some years ago for my old man when he was stranded through no fault of his own in Dar es Salaam, East Africa
Pass, international law isn't my speciality.

Mr_Deputy said:
I'll have a Stella while you go and look for some good Belgian beer.
There's a pub in my home town called The Belgium Monk, do a very good selection of beers of which some are 12.5%. My favourite would be a cherry flavoured beer which comes in a very feminine glass.

FBG.

FatBoyGeorge said:
My favourite would be a cherry flavoured beer which comes in a very feminine glass.
That's because Kriek is for girls & if you drank it in Belgium you'd be laughed at by the other patrons of the pub you raging hermer ;)

sandmanfez said:
Strange,as the Russians are some of the biggest customers of the"massage"parlours in Pattaya,and it is reputed the Russian mafia own a fair proportion of the Thai sex industry.

Can't the Dark Lord Fondelbum do something, or would it blow his legend and deep cover if he asked a favour of his true masters?

Latest Threads