British Broadcasting Corporation broadcasting 'chickens' these days?

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by pmaitra, Mar 29, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. [​IMG]

Chickens? What chickens? Chicken is already plural!

Shame on BBC.

I was one of them who would always swear by BBC, as one of the best news agencies in the world. I have been noticing similar errors in the past couple of years. I believe ARRSE is the right place to highlight this slide in standards. If anyone has connections in BBC, please remind them, that if not anyone else, BBC must uphold the English language.
  2. I hope we don'lt go the same way, there's no room in my garden for chickens, not whilst it is full of silly different coloured bins!

It's only a matter of time before the local kids work out they have near enough to play snooker on a bin day.

...grey one ...pot a brown one... pot a grey pot a grey pot a grey one...pot black...
  3. What Arrse really needs is a PR tsar; someone with deep connections with meeja luvvies, who can act as our representative and forcibly express the wishes of the Arrse-massive to those organs that influence the World outside.

Any volunteers?
  4. @tom_dkg

I like your quote:
    In the movie, K-19: The Widowmaker, Harrison Ford as Alexi Vostrikov, the Captain of a Soviet submarine, tells his sailors, "Without me, you are nothing. Without you, I am nothing!"

5. Yes indeed, if enough complain, they'll pullet
    • Like Like x 3
  6. That's rather a fowl slur on the good name of Aunty.
  7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Stop egging him (her?) on. It will have him spitting feathers!
  8. No, it really doesn't bother me how people react. The fact remains that the error is genuine and I believe you all have seen it.

@Auld-Yin, it is 'him.'

I have no connections with BBC. I can but only highlight this at a British forum. It is up to you people to take it from here.
  9. Don't get me fucking started, I'm incandescent with rage over "SportS" it's sport, SPORT, FUCKING SPORT!
    You have a sport correspondent, unless your some low IQ, whooping fat American?

Fucking cunts!
  10. I agree.

Let's just all stop with the bantam and get back to the subject.
  11. Auld-Yin

Cluckin' Hell! That's a bit of a tenuous link.
  12. Stop cochin about. It's serious.
  13. Auld-Yin

You've just got to keep pecking away at this don't you? ;P

Still. got to admire your grit!
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Not sure how much influence you think 'us people' have got................