Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Queensman, Dec 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Best Wishes and Seasonal Greetings to all, on this, the anniversary of British Battalion Day!

"The spirit and comradeship between the officers and men of the 2nd East Surreys and 1st Leicester's who served together in the British Battalion was forged in battle and enriched in hardship and suffering shared. It lasted throughout the years of captivity and has become a real and permanent friendship. Each year on 20th December the toast of the British Battalion is drunk by the 1st Battalion the Queens Regiment (Queens Surreys) and the 4th (Leicestershire) Battalion the Royal Anglican Regiment as direct inheritors of the traditions, honours and distinctions of the former 1st Battalion The Leicestershire Regiment and the 2nd Battalion the East Surrey Regiment."

A warm, loyal and heartfelt toast will be drunk this evening!
  2. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Check out the thread on the Military History forum
  3. Cock
  4. That’s a bit harsh - probably an itinerant spell-checker

Here to the Anglican Communion who fought so bravely… :p
  5. Gentlemen, a fine day to drink to comrades near and far. More so today with the loss of Cpl Ray Maharaj 1PWRR, of which I am sure you know is a descendant of these fine regiments.
  6. Webmistress emailed and mistake pointed out! :roll:
  7. Blimey! Fair cop Norse 'thing' (And Happy Christmas to you! - sorry, but I just transposed it directly from the webpage (as a slightly more benevelent Arrser spotted - many thanks Petriburg!)
  8. Queensman

From your allied regt across the pond in the Great White North, hope you all have a great day and we all raise a glass in your honour.

:salut: :salut:
  9. Queensman

Sorry woke up with a sore head (and didn't drink last night).

However, I will raise a glass in your honour ce soir.

10. Carol the Webmistress is on the case and will amend accordingly! :wink:

Mind you, I live in E Anglia and it's not unusual for both ITV and BBC to c0ck it up on the regional news programmes... :roll: