British astronauts should be trained for space missions

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by KGB_resident, Sep 13, 2007.

?
  1. Yes

53.7%
  2. Not sure

2.4%
  3. No

19.5%
  4. Do not care

24.4%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Possibly one of the most boring threads I have evezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzz zzzzz zzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzz cough, wheeze, zzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz

2. My sincere alopogies dear sir. I'm very sorry that my thead so boring in your eyes. I hadn't any intention to disturb you so I dare to ask your forgivenness. And I hope that we will remain friends, will we?

PS. I have forgotten to add 'send B&B' option. It's my fault and thus the thread is extremely dull and boring.

3. errrrrrr............dribble...........sorry.............what...........2 sugars!.............oh.............friends?? Of course?! Why would we fall out over something so insignificant?? ;)

4. I think we should. Think of all those well paid jobs for the chosen few and there's obviously no shortage of money now that the forces have got everything they need, so why not.

5. I suspect why you so upset Smudge. You don't see option 'ME!' in the poll. Just imagine... HM, beloved leader of British people, your friends congratulate you. You are being decorated by... maybe even by VC. Huge crowds of girls dream to be close to you and to tear off your clothes. And in any pub anybody would be happy to drink with you.

6. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

There was another bloke, Foale or something who was a Brit. Took US citizenship to do it mind but from Cambridge I believe.

7. deleted.

8. So a word 'technically' was used in the article. Mr.Foale is an American who was born in the UK.

9. Leave it to the Yanks and Russians i reckon,they've done it fairly succesfuly for years now,give or take a few mishaps.
    And in any case i thought all our Space plans now go through the European Space Agency,and that the forthcoming Euro Constitution,sorry reform treaty!!!,mentions something about "the union" having its own Space programme or something.

10. And how many are sending manned space flights into orbit,can't say i've seen the breking news on Sky recently that a Spanish Astronaut has planted the flag on the moon!!

11. Only yesterday I was remarking how useful if would be if we had an astronaut corps. I am really feeling the lack in everyday life.

12. We have some world class engineers etc .This sort of stuff is inspiring
    it would probably pay for itself in just encouraging kids to study maths and science .Think the government saying we are not intrested in manned space exploration is a huge mistake .