British Armys' Most Amazing Training Major?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by HarrySmith95th, May 10, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well, gentlemen. There is a man who is very worthy of note. He was the TM for a TA unit about to deploy Somewhere Sandy. Here are some points that have surfaced....

1. Although this is the second deployment to Somewhere Sandy, and one would have thought he may have learned a bit, the pre deployment training was shorter.So much so, that the troops worked without a single day off from Easter, until last friday. Not a single day. Thats about 4 1/2 weeks solid.

2. He has informed the Company that they have only just scraped through being passed as competant for deployment. Who is responsible for training, TM? On what desk should that buck stop?

3. Towards the end of the training, he commented to the whole lot that "Just when you thought that the PSIs where not bastards, they are!" ( Cue much thanks from the PSIs, cheers TM ) He was replaced shortly after that comment...

4. Next great motivational insight - "The difference between you and the Regulars is that the Regulars can just deploy from one theatre to the next. " Two points: one, Regs only deploy after suitable training ( as he should be aware ), and secondly, the man is actually a TA soldier on FTRS....

Thats enough for me for now, off for a Gin
  2. Well surely that's the problem then?
  3. Seems a chod-piece is in charge of your training!

Unlucky my friend!

Still, when he deploys with you. You can but hope he catches dysentry! Did wonders for my waist line :twisted:
  4. At least you got some pre deployment traing cople of days at grantham
    including a full day of nbc training so relvant to telic 3. then 2 weeks in germany where training turned out to be listening to the blokes who did afganistian 6 months before cos its very similar to iraq :lol:
  5. HS95th said the guy had been replaced..... wonder why.....
  6. Is there a British Army equivalent to "fragging"? :twisted:
  7. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Teach you to lick your fingers clean..............
  8. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Oh, you should give Chilwell a go, the place is full of FTRS cutting it large.
  9. I knew you'd mention that.........again!

Excellent for weight loss though! :twisted:
  10. Captain_Crusty

Captain_Crusty War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

It's either your fingers or the portaloo seat...

11. The Fusilier Gentleman noted above also sanctioned Riot training without visors. During the "aggro" phase solid objects were thrown, resulting in at least one broken jaw ( Result: an RTU for the bearer of the jaw. ) Teeth also lost, etc.

Acceptable risk my arrse. God riddance to the not Regular TM.