British Army Turbans for Sikhs

Does anyone know what the size and the style is for the BA issue turbans for Sikhs during training and at regiment specifically at AFC Harrogate or any idea as to where this information could be found? Already tried the AFC Harrogate number with no luck

Don't worry about it, you will know when its passed over the clothing stores counter to you.

Don't worry about it, you will know when its passed over the clothing stores counter to you.
Yes, there's no need to worry whether it will accessorize, that's all sorted.
But of course, coming from the QMs it won't fit.

_Chimurenga_

LE
Gallery Guru
NSN: 8305-99-862-1576

"Description: Cloth, Plain Weave. Lightweight cotton, blue. Used for turbans"

Does anyone know what the size and the style is for the BA issue turbans for Sikhs during training and at regiment specifically at AFC Harrogate or any idea as to where this information could be found? Already tried the AFC Harrogate number with no luck
Faith - British Army

British Armed Forces Sikh Association

Black, blue and green turbans in photos here:
British Army examines plans to create a Sikh regiment

Turban and the Sikh Military way of Life | SikhNet

Wear it with pride.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Size? The OP obviously doesn't know that a Sikh turban is just a very long piece of cloth tied in a particular way.

There was a Sikh in my entry. He had a blue turban for ordinary wear and a white one for 'best' and summer or tropical wear. His badge was worn as a brooch pinned across the front. btw for sports (he was a demon for hockey) he just wore a twist of white cotton finishing off his topknot. That can't wear a helmet thing does not I think apply to all.

Benbow Guard.jpg

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Remember, if you join a Scottish regiment, you'll also need the correct tartan dye for your turban. Be sure to ask the storeman if he forgets.

Size? The OP obviously doesn't know that a Sikh turban is just a very long piece of cloth tied in a particular way.
The OP is a Sikh, I think he will know that there are several types of turban and that the "issue" one is pre tied and startched and plonks on the persons head, just like any normal headdress.

We had a Sikh chap in my intake (RGJ, mid 80's) and his Rifle Green turban came "pre shaped" and sized.

The OP is a Sikh, I think he will know that there are several types of turban and that the "issue" one is pre tied and startched and plonks on the persons head, just like any normal headdress.

We had a Sikh chap in my intake (RGJ, mid 80's) and his Rifle Green turban came "pre shaped" and sized.
That was a crash helmet

Remember, if you join a Scottish regiment, you'll also need the correct tartan dye for your turban. Be sure to ask the storeman if he forgets.
Ah. Fond memories.

Go to the stores for a tin of tartan paint.

Oh, and get a glass chisel while you are there.

And three tins of elbow grease.

And two boxes of rubber nails.

And a skirting board ladder.

Ah. Fond memories.

Go to the stores for a tin of tartan paint.

Oh, and get a glass chisel while you are there.

And three tins of elbow grease.

And two boxes of rubber nails.

And a skirting board ladder.
Better to avoid getting sent to the transport depot for 2 greased nuts

Latest Threads