British Army Top Trumps - the Cav are there !!

#3
Are the RDG based in UK?

I thought they were in BFG.
 
#6
The packs will soon be widely available. Already on the National Army Museum, (http://shop.national-army-museum.ac.uk/s.nl/it.A/id.3622/.f?sc=2&category=16605) , Amazon and Top Trumps websites. Soon WH Smith, Tescos and Woolies.

Is RDG due to return to UK soon? In that case the card may only be currently incorrect.

A plea for help: I was involved in their creation and trying to juggle data on 30 units has resulted in a few errors/typos despite going through 8 draft versions before pressing the "print" button. We can and will amend further print runs as necessary so please flag up glitches like that mentioned above - ooops! :oops:
 

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
#7
Tenere said:
The packs will soon be widely available. Already on the National Army Museum, (http://shop.national-army-museum.ac.uk/s.nl/it.A/id.3622/.f?sc=2&category=16605) , Amazon and Top Trumps websites. Soon WH Smith, Tescos and Woolies.

Is RDG due to return to UK soon? In that case the card may only be currently incorrect.

A plea for help: I was involved in their creation and trying to juggle data on 30 units has resulted in a few errors/typos despite going through 8 draft versions before pressing the "print" button. We can and will amend further print runs as necessary so please flag up glitches like that mentioned above - ooops! :oops:
You'll have to give us sneak previews of all the other RAC cards and all the detail, not snipped off partway through the data cos we cannot only find glitches on the RDG. The vast majority of us never served with them (Huzzah!!!).
 
#8
AlienFTM said:
You'll have to give us sneak previews of all the other RAC cards and all the detail, not snipped off partway through the data cos we cannot only find glitches on the RDG. The vast majority of us never served with them (Huzzah!!!).
But that would remove any sneakiness at all! They're only £2.99 a pack and even if there are mistakes in the first run, each pack that's sold raises money for charities. :D I gather some folk collect Top Trumps - perhaps the first run with all its errors will be worth a bob or two in the future! :wink:
 
#10
The full list of Units featured is:
1 Gren Gds
1 IG
1 Lancs
1 MERCIAN
1 PWRR
1 R IRISH
1 REGT AAC
1 RIFLES
1 RRF
1 SCOTS
1 SG
16 REGT RA
2 R ANGLIAN
2 R WELSH
2 RGR
22 SAS
29 CDO REGT RA
3 PARA
3 REGT AAC
3 RHA
4 RIFLES
47 REGT RA
5 SCOTS
7 PARA RHA
3 YORKS
LD
QRH
RDG
RHG/D
SCOTS DG
 
#11
Tenere,

Okay so thats the first 30, any plans to include the rest of the Army?

Would say should just rename them Infantry top trumps but 2 & 3 Mercian may get upset to name but two.

Not a rant merely a question as anything that sells the Army in a better light is fine by me and sure a pack or two will end up in my ankle biters Xmas collection the donation to charity is spot on.
 
#12
I hear what you say - Unfortunately, we were limited to 30 cards in the first pack as that's what fits in the plastic cases and is the "traditional" number.

We tried to divvy up the no's of infantry, artillery and cav cards in proportion to the no. of regular battalion-sized units they have. However, the infantry have come out slightly ahead and the gunners behind.

In the end the market will decide whether Packs 2, 3 etc appear - we've certainly already got the info for alot of the units. So those packs for the Xmas stockings will swell the charity coffers and increase the chances of sequel packs.

Cheers

Tenere
 
#13
Tenere said:
The full list of Units featured is:
1 Gren Gds
1 IG
1 Lancs
1 MERCIAN
1 PWRR
1 R IRISH
1 REGT AAC
1 RIFLES
1 RRF
1 SCOTS
1 SG
16 REGT RA
2 R ANGLIAN
2 R WELSH
2 RGR
22 SAS
29 CDO REGT RA
3 PARA
3 REGT AAC
3 RHA
4 RIFLES
47 REGT RA
5 SCOTS
7 PARA RHA
3 YORKS
LD
QRH
RDG
RHG/D
SCOTS DG
OK, So the Sappers are not part of the British Army then? :x
 
#14
The full pack name is "Fighting Units of the British Army" - hence infantry and cav. At the risk of causing upset, for the largely pre-teen market of Top Trumps, "Teeth Arm" has been extended to include the Gunners (I know, I know).

The teeth arm units do lend themselves more easily to the Top Trumps format and the categories used - especially when trying to compare like sized unit to like sized unit.

Hopefully, depending on sales, other packs and units can appear.

TTFN
 
#16
Holdfast said:
OK, So the Sappers are not part of the British Army then? :x
no...neither are the RLC or the RAMC....both of whom have a healthy collection of VCs and are numerically superior..... the RLC & RE have historical lineage that pre-dates many 'teeth arm' units also, i guess we're just not cool enough....

H_F...it was ever thus!
 
#17
Tenere said:
The full pack name is "Fighting Units of the British Army" - hence infantry and cav. At the risk of causing upset, for the largely pre-teen market of Top Trumps, "Teeth Arm" has been extended to include the Gunners (I know, I know).

The teeth arm units do lend themselves more easily to the Top Trumps format and the categories used - especially when trying to compare like sized unit to like sized unit.

Hopefully, depending on sales, other packs and units can appear.

TTFN
absolutely
"number of shovels" really is not an impressive stat!
 
#18
So no QRL in the first run :x Well at least the fecking 9/12th havent been included, thought the QRL would have made it besides being a dashing unit :D , the motto would have been ideal for the first pack.
 
#20
Well i think most of us are :pissedoff: if our mob are not included iam, but they only did 30 cards in the pack, if they had done 100 then they would still have missed units out, so hey they couldnt win with this. Maybe they will continue making packs and eventually all the units will be covered.
Should have had the Green Howards (2nd bn Yorkshire Reg) in the first one though. :x :x :x :x

bobc (XIX)
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads