Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

British Army to possess most lethal tank in Europe

While I would be pleased should this turn out to be the most lethal tank going but I am reminded of the old like that quantity has a quality all of it's own.

The other thing is what scenario are we planning for? BAOR and Armour made great sense, but the Army frontline is now pretty much the UK coastline. Are we planning for some war that might include Armoured warfare within these isles? Anything that kicks off in Europe and it would be too late by the time we shipped them there. Where else in the world do we think we might need them?
It isn't just about being ready to fight on our home turf - it's about persuading our potential adversaries that it isn't worth starting a war because they'll get a seriously bloody nose closer to their homes before they try and roll towards us.

This is done through having a credible and deployable capability. Being able to turn cities to dust through Trident is our ultimate insurance policy, but the ability to deliver a serious kicking overseas is our protection against aggression that sits below the nuclear threshold.

While I would be pleased should this turn out to be the most lethal tank going but I am reminded of the old like that quantity has a quality all of it's own.

The other thing is what scenario are we planning for? BAOR and Armour made great sense, but the Army frontline is now pretty much the UK coastline. Are we planning for some war that might include Armoured warfare within these isles? Anything that kicks off in Europe and it would be too late by the time we shipped them there. Where else in the world do we think we might need them?
On the border with an independent Scotland?

Oh good news, are we buying the Leopard.

I read the other day that the reason the Leopard wasn’t taken seriously was the likely low survival rate that was predicted for the crews. Not sure is that’s gen or not but sounded plausible to me

Damn... I thought most lethal tank in the world would sell better....and by the time it has gone all EU complaint checks .... will be redundant.

I doubt if we have the capability to make them in numbers, even if others wanted them. It is the British way, have good ideas, inventions, R&D, designs etc. then fail to do what is necessary to capitalise on them, and instead watch other nations take what we have come up with and make a success out of it.

I heard that a foreign dignitary some years ago had stated "the British would be good in a crisis, if they could actually recognise one". You could say the same about business opportunities as well.

Get it running, remove M/E air filter, bung in jerrycan of diesel. Stand back.
It will either clear it's throat or rev off to infinity. Or beyond.
They don't half scream!
They could do that when the rootes blower seals went and it started running on engine oil, saw it happen with a K60.