British Army to possess most lethal tank in Europe

The British Army will receive a fleet of 148 Challenger 3 main battle tanks as part of an £800 million contract with Rheinmetall BAE Systems Land (RBSL), the Defence Secretary has announced today.

Continue reading...

The British Army will receive a fleet of 148 Challenger 3 main battle tanks as part of an £800 million contract with Rheinmetall BAE Systems Land (RBSL), the Defence Secretary has announced today.

Continue reading...

Can I play buzword bingo with that press release? I mean the Cr3 is a damn good piece of kit, but there's some right bollocks in there hidden behind the buzzwords.

I’m cracking on and have nearly finished two and have another three to do but it’s going to take me a bit to get to 148

D941383F-123C-4503-93C7-CAA2624355BB.jpeg

Thought it might have a new name, Challenger is a bit boring now, Colossus, Columbus, even Churchill or Centurion would have been better.
Clitoris.
The enemy would never find it.

Thought it might have a new name, Challenger is a bit boring now, Colossus, Columbus, even Churchill or Centurion would have been better.

Back many years in the early 1960's the UK was looking at doing a joint reconnaissance vehicle with the French, as both our requirements matched closely in many respects. In the end the differences were too great and we went our separate ways ( we got the CVRT).
However, the seeds of co-operation had been sowed. As we were finalising design on the Chieftain, we approached the French to talk about a joint future MBT. The French a greed and a committee was duly set up to undertake a study.
The first point on the agenda was what to name this tank. Britain of course needed to keep with the young tradition of naming its tank beginning with a "C". The French agreed that we could name it thus, but it must be a name of a French city. The British delegation considered this for a while and agreed that they had selected such a name. The French leant forward eager to hear which of their cities would be so honoured.

The British spokesman took a deep breath knowing the anticipation, and milked the suspense for a bit...

"Crécy"
:bow::safe:

Aye well. Is it using DU FS ammo or are we downgrading to going green and downgrading lethality capability?

Undoubtedly @stacker1 will turn up with his well informed, technical viewpoint.

Crusader 2 would go down well with potential Middle Eastern customers...

Latest Threads