British Army to Cerakote Entire Infantry Weapon Fleet

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Didn't say they were inaccurate - just pointless. I mean, why bother? If you want a target rifle, buy a target rifle. If you want a single-shot service rifle, buy an SMLE or No.4.

...if you want to fantasize that you're some kind of Hereford superhero with a tricked-out C7, though...
Are there many SMLE's or No.4's that one can shoot as cheaply as these straight pulls, and that cut quarter minute groups too ?

Didn't say they were inaccurate - just pointless. I mean, why bother? If you want a target rifle, buy a target rifle. If you want a single-shot service rifle, buy an SMLE or No.4.

...if you want to fantasize that you're some kind of Hereford superhero with a tricked-out C7, though...
If you can shoot .25moa with any service .303 rifle I`ll give you wheelbarrow full of tenners.

On the subject of marksmanship, you're about as credible as an AR-15 without a working gas system - utterly unrealistic, completely pointless, and laughed at as a waste of material.
They are only laughed at by the ignorant and non shooters, I bet youve never used one have you? very popular in CSR comps due to the fact they are often extremely accurate and much quicker to load and lighter than most bolt actions.

Last edited:
For marksmanship, I use a Remington 700

And the L85 is simply an arse about face version of the perfectly good AR18 - hence, no one wants it bar the mugs stuck with it by MoD.
Yep, we were right, your experience with service weapons is limited to reading about them in Combat and Survival. Might I suggest you keep your uneducated, ill informed views about things you know nothing about to yourself and avoid embarrassment.

Yep, we were right, your experience with service weapons is limited to reading about them in Combat and Survival. Might I suggest you keep your uneducated, ill informed views about things you know nothing about to yourself and avoid embarrassment.

'Service weapons'? Its a gun, a badly made, badly designed and very flawed gun - such a 'brilliant' design, no one else has bought it.
Painting it brown merely colours the turd they correct colour after over 30 years of fiddling with it.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
'Service weapons'? Its a gun, a badly made, badly designed and very flawed gun - such a 'brilliant' design, no one else has bought it.
Painting it brown merely colours the turd they correct colour after over 30 years of fiddling with it.
Never made a secret of not being a fan, but it's now reliable and shoots where it's pointed, so works for me.

Now wind your CoD-fixated neck in, you're getting embarrassing.

What specific problems have you personally had with the weapon? It is an accurate and reliable weapon system.

......ah, the shoot around corners, whether you want it to or not, G36.
A 10% hit rate at 100 metres, you would be better off throwing the rounds.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Are there many SMLE's or No.4's that one can shoot as cheaply as these straight pulls, and that cut quarter minute groups too ?
I bought my lee enfield No4 for 350 quid. A straight pull AR15 doesnt come for less than 1500...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I bought my lee enfield No4 for 350 quid. A straight pull AR15 doesnt come for less than 1500...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
What's the measured accuracy of your No. 4 ?
Besides it's not initial layout I mean, else we can add glass and accys too.

You just can't help opening your mouth and demonstrating your complete ignorance on the subject, can you?

I suggest you do a little studying on the arms industry and arms supply by America and Russia during the cold war and post collapse of the Soviet Union. Especially if you think there is a correlation between how good a weapon system is and how many countries have bought/ gifted it.

In your opinion the weapon system is badly designed, made and flawed. So would you like to elaborate, citing your professional standing and experience on weapon design and manufacture?

or

Would you just like to flounce off and resign yourself to the fact that you have no first hand knowledge on the subject and go back to reading WALT MONTHLY?

You're probably a bit young to remember some of the more extreme Royal Corps nutsiness in BAOR, but I'll mention coating vehicles with PX10 - a mix of dieso and benz - for that nice, deep, shiny finish (which, of course, completely trashed the IRR qualities of the paint), red wheel nuts and imbecile, ruler-writing, failed tradesman RD types lifting hessian at the sides of vehicles in location and complaining that the tyres hadn't been cleaned. See here also painting cam poles green, because it's more tactical (than keeping them, um, tree-coloured) and arranging the cam squares on a cam net in a pleasing geometric pattern for demos.
It seems to be ingrained madness with certain NCOs and paint, and nothing is new. My dad was heavy vehicle recovery in the afternoon and despatch rider for his CO in the mornings . In his afternoon capacity he watched the following unfold.
Very senior vip due to visit them in Malaya, ( pos Mountbatten I’ll have to ask)
Large heap of centurions to be made suitable for review. About two weeks of painting and buffing ensues along with the usual painting of everything in site on camp. Senior nco agrees with c/o that the wire strops on front of centurions need smartening up so a jig is built to hang the strops on to apply many layers of white paint to a flawless finish over many hundreds of man hours and then carefully fitted to the tanks so as not to crack the paint.
Troops dutifully revues from about 100 yds away then next morning all the strops scrapped as now incapable of being inspected for broken wires.
Oh how the crews laughed he said !

It seems to be ingrained madness with certain NCOs and paint, and nothing is new. My dad was heavy vehicle recovery in the afternoon and despatch rider for his CO in the mornings . In his afternoon capacity he watched the following unfold.
Very senior vip due to visit them in Malaya, ( pos Mountbatten I’ll have to ask)
Large heap of centurions to be made suitable for review. About two weeks of painting and buffing ensues along with the usual painting of everything in site on camp. Senior nco agrees with c/o that the wire strops on front of centurions need smartening up so a jig is built to hang the strops on to apply many layers of white paint to a flawless finish over many hundreds of man hours and then carefully fitted to the tanks so as not to crack the paint.
Troops dutifully revues from about 100 yds away then next morning all the strops scrapped as now incapable of being inspected for broken wires.
Oh how the crews laughed he said !
A number of years ago an entire Bn worth of link ammo was written off as they thought it would look good if it was all unpacked, laid out, oiled up nice and shinny ready for the ammo inspection!

Latest Threads