British Army to Cerakote Entire Infantry Weapon Fleet

Not sure how reliable or old this is Cerokote , I`ve had rifles Cerokoted, pretty good stuff.

No doubt some will say you cant polish a turd.....well now you can roll it in Cerokote.

Not sure how reliable or old this is Cerokote , I`ve had rifles Cerokoted, pretty good stuff.

No doubt some will say you cant polish a turd.....well now you can roll it in Cerokote.
It is in soldier magazine, and isn’t the April magazine

They authorized weapon painting in Afghanistan which had to be specific paints, (I assume cerokote), in accordance with the right instructions, and had to be cleaned off on return to the UK

I hazard a guess that this ‘entire infantry weapon fleet’ means it has been approved fully as opposed to as a UOR

They authorized weapon painting in Afghanistan which had to be specific paints, (I assume cerokote), in accordance with the right instructions, and had to be cleaned off on return to the UK

I hazard a guess that this ‘entire infantry weapon fleet’ means it has been approved fully as opposed to as a UOR
I`m pretty sure you cant clean cerokote off , thats kind of the point.

Cerokote

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
**** it, might as well. I saw some lads that had painted theirs on Telic, though never saw it done on Herrick. It looked ******* ridiculous, and was kind of a moot point on Telic as it was mainly urban and overt. Herrick it would've worked well. Shape, shine, all that pish. No point you being fully cam'd up if you've got a big lump of square and rectangular black in front of you.

I`m pretty sure you cant clean cerokote off , thats kind of the point.

Cerokote
It might not be the same thing, and perhaps this cerokote release is the new approved permanent finish, below refers to the 2013 Kit magazine instructions.

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/is-the-sa80-no-longer-black-and-green.194689/

This is an extract from the article in KiT 82:

SSP Lethality Team has procured Coyote Brown removable weapon paint for use on Small Arms. Initially this paint will only be fielded to troops deployed or about to deploy on OP HERRICK. This paint is cleared for use on weapons that will be carried by the dismounted soldier and will decrease the likelihood of detection when wearing MTP clothing. It is only to be used on the following weapons:

SA80 (IW, LSW & Carbine),
UGL,
Combat Shotgun
.338 Sniper Rifle,
Sharpshooter / Sniper Support Weapon,
LMG,
GPMG

It's all on ArmyNet.

Well it's was supposed to be removed using the correct paint remover, Although at a certain Guards Battalion ( Whom have buttons in Two's) the RQMS decided that it was too exspensive and asked the Pioneer shop too find a alternative.
The Pioneer shop duly obliged and found that using something called Hot Lacquer- normally used for thinning stains and varnishes ( this product comes in a large tin and is NOT to be confused with Spray lacquer) worked extremely well this was duly reported to the RQMS.
Now in recipeit of this information the RQMS ( who by know can already see his well done for saving the Battalion a couple of grand) orders 400 cans of spray lacquer- normally used for sealing painted surfaces and making them more durable.
Upon arrival of the 400 cans of spray lacquer and being advised that he may have orderd the wrong item announces that he being the all powerful RQMS is not to be questioned by mear Guardsman and Lcpls and to shut up and use the stuff he's provided.
Que nearly a whole battalions worth of weapons now very shiny but still various shades of tan and brown. Said RQMS then leads a demo on how to use his mirical product to clean the paint off of the weapons.
At this point he realises he's fucked up but bluffs his way through buy holding the spray can Very close to the weapon and spraying. This allows some of the propellant to collect upon the weapons surface and with much effort will just about remove the paint. But leaves a very stick residue all over the weapons surface.
Needless to say RQMS refuses to back down and condemns a entire battalion to 3 days of weapon cleaning and inhaling aerosol fumes.
So **** the painting send them back to get properly stripped and coated

It does chip off & Hoppes makes it smear & melt a tad.
I still think Rhodie "baby poop" applied with whatever was handy is the allyest rifle camouflage ever used:
rbp.jpg

Well it's was supposed to be removed using the correct paint remover, Although at a certain Guards Battalion ( Whom have buttons in Two's) the RQMS decided that it was too exspensive and asked the Pioneer shop too find a alternative.
The Pioneer shop duly obliged and found that using something called Hot Lacquer- normally used for thinning stains and varnishes ( this product comes in a large tin and is NOT to be confused with Spray lacquer) worked extremely well this was duly reported to the RQMS.
Now in recipeit of this information the RQMS ( who by know can already see his well done for saving the Battalion a couple of grand) orders 400 cans of spray lacquer- normally used for sealing painted surfaces and making them more durable.
Upon arrival of the 400 cans of spray lacquer and being advised that he may have orderd the wrong item announces that he being the all powerful RQMS is not to be questioned by mear Guardsman and Lcpls and to shut up and use the stuff he's provided.
Que nearly a whole battalions worth of weapons now very shiny but still various shades of tan and brown. Said RQMS then leads a demo on how to use his mirical product to clean the paint off of the weapons.
At this point he realises he's fucked up but bluffs his way through buy holding the spray can Very close to the weapon and spraying. This allows some of the propellant to collect upon the weapons surface and with much effort will just about remove the paint. But leaves a very stick residue all over the weapons surface.
Needless to say RQMS refuses to back down and condemns a entire battalion to 3 days of weapon cleaning and inhaling aerosol fumes.
Worthy of a post in the Emperor Mong (PBUH) thread.

Classic. Presumably his dreams of an LE Commission and one day becoming the QM died with that order of 400 cans? As a matter of fact, where was the QM while all this was going on? @.@

Last edited:
Classic. Presumably his dreams of an LE Commission and one day becoming the QM died with that order of 400 cans? As a matter of fact, where was the QM while all this was going on? @.@
Nope. That particular Battalion has a long and proud history of rewarding stupidity.
He did gain his commission much to the dismay of those around him.
In answer to your question " where was the QM? Whilst this was going on"
He was busy frantically trying to come up with good ideas so he would gain his MBE. His desire for which was doo great I could populate a entire thread with his idiotic and quite frankly fanciful ideas to make him self look better.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
In answer to your question " where was the QM? Whilst this was going on"
He was busy frantically trying to come up with good ideas so he would gain his MBE. His desire for which was doo great I could populate a entire thread with his idiotic and quite frankly fanciful ideas to make him self look better.
Sounds great, crack on dude.

Reading between the margins, if they're going to commit to funding a refurb of thousands infantry weapons, does this mean they've no plans to produce any more L85A3s?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reading between the margins, if they're going to commit to funding a refurb of thousands infantry weapons, does this mean they've no plans to produce any more L85A3s?
That's not between the lines, more like three foot left of the paragraph.
There have been no new rifles, just refurbed ones up to this magical A3 std.
It's intended that eventually all the SA will be Cerakoted, but they're starting off with the rifles - after conversion.
Nearly all the rifles will be so treated apart from those selected for ceremonial which are to be chromed.

That's not between the lines, more like three foot left of the paragraph.
There have been no new rifles, just refurbed ones up to this magical A3 std.
It's intended that eventually all the SA will be Cerakoted, but they're starting off with the rifles - after conversion.
Nearly all the rifles will be so treated apart from those selected for ceremonial which are to be chromed.

Chromed?? I do hope you are taking the piss.

Latest Threads