Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British Army seeking 56 year old re-recruits

Computer engineer? Must admit it was a "fly by your pants" side job to my real job as a Radio Relay Tech in the 70's...(Lecher lines and resonant cavities....... hammer 4 oz, fine adjusting) but I was also issued an electrical soldering iron. (25 watt Arcola)......... I was obviously seriously over-qualified.

Now I have to de-magnetise my PZ 000 when working on iphones..it can get too "sticky",

My Army of trained British micro-mice that put the screws in are as good as the Chinese or the Californian ones...and better fed.

Last edited:
As you never know who reads these posts , I would also be happy to take the post of military attache anywhere in the Far East , the Czech Republic , Hungary , Slovenia , Slovakia , Sweden , Turkey or Poland .
S America would also be considered .

Are they still trying to get the more mature gentlemen back into uniform or is there no longer a requirement as the hospitality industry shelves youngsters and the armed forces is the only career choice today?

If they are taking on more mature gentlemen, what's the crack with training? I've got a straight pull SLR but wouldnt know one end of an A3 SA80 from another. I can still strip and reassemble a GPMG in my sleep but I think I'd really struggle as a No1 on a mortar without an hour or fours refresher course and I bet its all GPS and sat based plotting now.......... and I'm buggered if I'd lug that bloody tube around. What happened to 1 tonners? Do you have to wear brown boots and have your shirt all hanging out and looking like a bag of shite?
I think they could find you a job in the RP's , by the sounds of it ....

As you never know who reads these posts , I would also be happy to take the post of military attache anywhere in the Far East , the Czech Republic , Hungary , Slovenia , Slovakia , Sweden , Turkey or Poland .
S America would also be considered .

I can recommend Chile, lovely country.

The power. It would go to my head
I could shout "YOUR ALL SPROGS"!!! (Obviously using CLAP) across the parade square and I would be right..... apart from the lass sat on the chair.

Last edited:
Well regardless where the 1st ARRSE Volunteers (Sluggy’s Own) are posted it won’t be Light Infantry.

Well regardless where the 1st ARRSE Volunteers (Sluggy’s Own) are posted it won’t be Light Infantry.
That deserves an excellent too.

Giles Army Cartoon.jpg

Latest Threads