British Army Review (Number 136)

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Dale the snail, Jun 29, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Happyhammer just popped round for lunch and brought a little snippet of the British Army Review:

Fame at last :wink:
  2. Nice one

err... what is 'NR'?
  3. This links very nicely to barbs' thread on the OED.

Looks like we have managed to kill 2 birds with one stone! :D
  4. Not a clue. He only brought a ripped up bit of paper with him.....

Someone somewhere is missing a corner of their British Army Review!
  5. Naval Review?
  6. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

It would appear that BAR is available on ArmyNet and downloadable as a pdf file. In time they intend to get every issue online which I think is an excellent move .... it would be even better if they could make it searchable.....
  7. quite nice if they could make it readable too...
  8. I've just looked on ArmyNET and the current edition is online as web pages and not a PDF. I can only imagine that the PDF was on there to allow the pages to be built. I can read it fine via Explorer and Firefox.

A good idea to have it online as few ever see them in paper form.

There is also an archive on there; although it looks as thought the Review has only been online for a few editions.
  9. Isn't BAR still quite a few issues behind at the moment?
  10. The Armynet version is the current one (136) Spring 2005. As it is only just Summer, the next one will no doubt be due out shortly.
  11. Ahh it's been updated then! Shall log on when I get home again, thanks Balkan :)
  12. I imagine that who ever creates BAR gets the hard copy out first and then publishes the Armynet version