British Army Review (Number 136)

Happyhammer just popped round for lunch and brought a little snippet of the British Army Review:

I doubt that the Army could set up a NR type solution now; some soldiers, though set up the modern equivalent - WWW.ARRSE.CO.UK. I haven't the space to review the site here, but it fulfils some of the NR/BAR charter, it is easy, yet wrong, to ignore or dismiss ARRSE.CO.UK as scurrilous rubbish - it ought not to be be so easy to similarly treat NR/BAR. Which is why we are a bit more ponderous and stuffy, but we would be failing in our aim if we shirked the difficult issues.

John Wilson, Editor British Army Review.
Fame at last :wink:

hackle said:
Nice one

err... what is 'NR'?
Not a clue. He only brought a ripped up bit of paper with him.....

Someone somewhere is missing a corner of their British Army Review!

It would appear that BAR is available on ArmyNet and downloadable as a pdf file. In time they intend to get every issue online which I think is an excellent move .... it would be even better if they could make it searchable.....

Bad CO said:
It would appear that BAR is available on ArmyNet and downloadable as a pdf file. In time they intend to get every issue online which I think is an excellent move .... it would be even better if they could make it searchable.....
...be quite nice if they could make it readable too...

I've just looked on ArmyNET and the current edition is online as web pages and not a PDF. I can only imagine that the PDF was on there to allow the pages to be built. I can read it fine via Explorer and Firefox.

A good idea to have it online as few ever see them in paper form.

There is also an archive on there; although it looks as thought the Review has only been online for a few editions.