British army questions!!!

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by borderfox69, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all just a few questions!

I am from south of ireland and have just applied to join the British army.
    I have been called to do the BARB test in three weeks time and just wondering has anybody got any tips for doing it?
    Also is there much of a wait at this moment to get in if you have passed the barb test,medical and fitness test because i heard you can be waiting up to a year to get your position?
    Also one thing that is bothering me is i think i may be colour blind and although they say this isnt an issue now will it affect some of the job prospects in the army?

Thanks

2. Have you not had your BARB test booklet?

3. Like surfer said you should have a small blue booklet with BARB written on the front, use that to prepare. Also your wait to start basic training will depend on what role your taking on within the army. Most trades are now looking at a feb 2010 start date because of the pressure being put on recruitment at the moment. Infantry is different, with an intake usually a couple of months after selection.

4. Yes ive read the booklet that cam e with it but isnt there basic skill questions that they ask which they dont tell you about? what do they entail?

5. Have a surprise left in your life.

6. In all fairness. If you have any problems with the test...... :roll:
    Don't worry about it

7. Don't stress about BARB or Basic Skills, they are assesments not tests.

8. Loads of barb info just search for it :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.