British Army Pro Boots

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Pickle, Jan 12, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone had any experiences with them.
    Recently equired a pair, took em on excercise. While brewing up in the morning we had a contact and had to put out me hexy quickly. Stepped on the fcuker and it went straight into through the sole of the boot into my foot. Quite funny, but i needed three stitches, sob.

anyone know how i can contact makers or something as i bought them?? Try for a new pair??

2. Might want to check the following:  www.gbbritton.com  guys that are responsible for the production of pro-boot.  My own pair have taken some abuse over the past 14 months and are still motoring along rightly.  This includes being battered by petrol bombs, (which resulted in only some minor melting of the sole).  If yours managed to melt right through by simply stamping out a hexy, certainly doesn't sound like they were fit for use.

3. Mine are going fine after about 4 years of abuse!

4. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Was it the hexi block that melted through or the hexi burner that pierced the bottom.  Sounds poor but either way I would refer you to your kit insurance if you can't change them in stores  ;)

5. It was on of the prongs of the cooker... so it wasnt too hot. It was quite funny.. cos the ******* thing was still burning and it was alos in my foot i couldnt stamp it out and it set my boot on fire.

6. I hate mine,   they make my shins hurt, my feet always feel damp in them, I have to wear extra socks and insoles in them. yes they are the right size.  I like my Britton boots better, or my Matterhorns.

7. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Pickle,
    I too can see the funny side!  

ade,
    If you have to wear two pairs of socks and innersoles then the boots really aren't the right size despite what the number of the sole/box says....

Issue Matterhorns seemed fine to me, never understood why pro-boots have such a good rep., did Andy McNab where them?  Or the other chap?

8. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Come back DMS and puttees all is forgiven!

9. i think it was Chris Ryan who wore em

10. I thort they where a great piece of kit when I first got em but a short while latter the sole went on em.

Ive since moved on to matterhorns as they av a sewn in sole. The pro boot sole is just glued, pity otherwise a good boot me rekons.

11. Do your pro boots stitching self destruct at the fron of the lacing? gone through 2 pairs now........ :-/

get the army to pay for some Lowe boots

speak to the MO and get referd to Bulford ;D

12. broken_arfat: Thats the problem most blokes seem to get, mine split on the heel tho. Have you any experience with the Lowe? if so how r they?

13. Hi Tabber,

Lowe boots are very good, same kind of last as a civvie walking boot and a great fit.

well worth getting them for free of the med centre

14. cheers m8, how du get em 4 free off the med center?