British Army #Metoo

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
A Young Officer in the RN is anyone from their first day at BRNC until they join the complement strength.

This can be a period from c 21 months to upwards of 5 years. I was a Young Officer for just under 6 years.
Thanks. How does that work legally - and, in an Army context, who's in charge and responsible for what, at what point and on what basis?

Nato123

On ROPS
On ROPs
Anyhoo, anyone want to knock up a list of the benefits of putting Women into front line/Combat roles or in mainly male environments?

Send answers to ...

FAO Dilligaf
HQ
I'm all cool and trendy , sanctimonious, virtual signalling, right on Manbaby ,
Flat 7, Still don't get anymore poontang than Johhny Caveman
Real Women want real men avenue,
County Chicks dig scars
Shoveitshire
M.E.H.

D

Deleted 164106

Anyhoo, anyone want to knock up a list of the benefits of putting Women into front line/Combat roles or in mainly male environments?

Send answers to ...

FAO Dilligaf
HQ
I'm all cool and trendy , sanctimonious, virtual signalling, right on Manbaby ,
Flat 7, Still don't get anymore poontang than Johhny Caveman
Real Women want real men avenue,
County Chicks dig scars
Shoveitshire
M.E.H.
There was a thread about it - but be prepared to be John G'd to death if you post on there.

Thanks. How does that work legally - and, in an Army context, who's in charge and responsible for what, at what point and on what basis?
“Legally” in what sense?

No idea in what context the second clause, but I’d outline the Warfare Officer pipeline:

BRNC - 8 months CO = CO BRNC
Collingwood - 4 months (but delivered at BRNC - don’t ask) CO = CO C’Wood
Sea - 4 months CO = Ship’s CO
Collingwood - 2 months CO = CO C’Wood
Sea - 9-12 months CO = Ship’s CO
Collingwood - 4 months(ish) CO = CO C’Wood.

WRT RM, they’re a YO from their first day at Lympstone, until having their commission confirmed at the end of their two year probation, by which time they’ll have been a troop commander for about 9 months.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
“Legally” in what sense?

No idea in what context the second clause, but I’d outline the Warfare Officer pipeline:

BRNC - 8 months CO = CO BRNC
Collingwood - 4 months (but delivered at BRNC - don’t ask) CO = CO C’Wood
Sea - 4 months CO = Ship’s CO
Collingwood - 2 months CO = CO C’Wood
Sea - 9-12 months CO = Ship’s CO
Collingwood - 4 months(ish) CO = CO C’Wood.
I thought those at BRNC would commission as Sub lieutenant and go off into the wicked world - but that seems to be a mis-appehension on my part. In an army context, a 2nd Lt, however newly minted, is the senior rank when exclusively among NCOs and ORs and carries the can for whatever transpires.

Now we get into the interesting stuff - we’re commissioned when we pass out of BRNC, but we’re not on the trained strength until completion of professional course.

If an incident were to happen with a non-trained strength Sub Lt RN and a PO around, the presumption would be that the responsibility would lie on the PO (unless the Sub Lt was somehow magically SQEP for the role as well).

Nato123

On ROPS
On ROPs
There was a thread about it - but be prepared to be John G'd to death if you post on there.

Nah, I want the new forward thinking men, you know, those, those with their wonderful intelligence and vision, to reply as to why we IMHO, unnecessary have women in posts that men could be doing..i.e what exactly do they bring to to table and does it outweigh the disadvantageous as demonstrated by various posts on this thread , especially the whining about their poor licckle career plan going awry when they are off having sprogs or where they miss out on the banter or nights out on the pi55 with 'The lads'

Because men aren’t joining.

ETA - because the British Army isn’t a big club for boys who don’t like girls.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Who the fúck harassed that? She is Harry Von Howl Pigs!
Perhaps if one reads the full article she is actually complaining that she wasn’t sexually harassed:-?

Except by the Regimental Mascot.:slow:

Nato123

On ROPS
On ROPs
Because men aren’t joining.

100,000 applied over the last 12 months ....over 70% were men

ETA - because the British Army isn’t a big club for boys who don’t like girls.

/QUOTE]

No said it had to be, but i note that you didn't answer this ..

'.... why we IMHO, unnecessary have women in posts that men could be doing..i.e what exactly do they bring to to table and does it outweigh the disadvantageous as demonstrated by various posts on this thread ...'

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Now we get into the interesting stuff - we’re commissioned when we pass out of BRNC, but we’re not on the trained strength until completion of professional course.

If an incident were to happen with a non-trained strength Sub Lt RN and a PO around, the presumption would be that the responsibility would lie on the PO (unless the Sub Lt was somehow magically SQEP for the role as well).
I can understand the need to defer technically but what of command? And what happens if the P/O isn't present? I know I'm missing something but it seems invidious unless there's some sort of authority by appointment/authority by rank thing going on. In an emergency, who says what goes?

I can understand the need to defer technically but what of command? And what happens if the P/O isn't present? I know I'm missing something but it seems invidious unless there's some sort of authority by appointment/authority by rank thing going on. In an emergency, who says what goes?
The person in charge.

Take an example - I go to anchor, and to help the sub lt learn, he goes on the fo'c'sle. The LS Sea is in charge of the evolution (and the fo'c'sle), and everyone - from me as CO to the newest AB on Part of Ship - knows that the LS is in charge.

If it goes to ratshit, then all eyes are on the LS.

We have always done this, it's instinctive.

why we IMHO, unnecessary have women in posts that men could be doing..i.e what exactly do they bring to to table and does it outweigh the disadvantageous as demonstrated by various posts on this thread ...'
Because the same things were probably* about letting blacks into units, about letting gays serve whilst out, whilst letting women serve in mixed units.

They bring to the table societal acceptance for spending money on the Army. Unfortunately for you society has changed, and it wants women on the front line.

Don't like it, start spouting off about cucks and get society to change...

ARRSE didn't exist then

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
The person in charge.

Take an example - I go to anchor, and to help the sub lt learn, he goes on the fo'c'sle. The LS Sea is in charge of the evolution (and the fo'c'sle), and everyone - from me as CO to the newest AB on Part of Ship - knows that the LS is in charge.

If it goes to ratshit, then all eyes are on the LS.

We have always done this, it's instinctive.
It's instinctive to those with the instinct. What happens if every officer is taken out except a YO - do they assume command?

It's instinctive to those with the instinct. What happens if every officer is taken out except a YO - do they assume command?
Command of what? Of the ship?

We have two eligibilities of Command: Sea and Military. A nominally junior Officer might be entitled to exercise Sea Command over a more senior Officer with Military Command.

I suppose in that context the Military Commander would have to order the Sea Command Officer to do something, but then obey the orders of the latter to get the original order "done".

The actions of Paymaster Lieutenant Stanning DSO RN in the first battle of narvik offer a fairly extreme example of this.

chimera

LE
If the good lt col thinks she was "passed over for promotion" there is a easy and open process by which she can appeal to MS for Number 2 Board to justify why she was given the Board score she got. Board scores by each member of the Board (usually at least five members) are recorded, and so there is no hiding place for a closet misogynist to mark people down just because they are female. The remainder of the Board (and the Board Secretary) would quickly pick it up. But I guess little factoids like that don't sell your book....

If the good lt col thinks she was "passed over for promotion" there is a easy and open process by which she can appeal to MS for Number 2 Board to justify why she was given the Board score she got. Board scores by each member of the Board (usually at least five members) are recorded, and so there is no hiding place for a closet misogynist to mark people down just because they are female. The remainder of the Board (and the Board Secretary) would quickly pick it up. But I guess little factoids like that don't sell your book....
It was an all male board.

The sexist pigs.

Latest Threads