British Army #Metoo

AFAIK This type of movement is already prevalent in the forces. I have personal experience of a foreign Major who after getting pissed at a mess dinner night proceeded to wander the accommodation block apparently in search of his room.

Either by design or by being unfortunate he went into the wrong room (yes the door was unlocked). The young doris who happened to be in bed was awoken by said officer sitting on the end of her bed. When she asked him to leave, he decided to ask her if she fancied a rumble between the sheets.

Long story short: The Major was removed from the block and from the course and sent home in disgrace. What historically would of been dealt with as drunken japes, escalated rapidly into a removal and dismissal from a career enhancing course.

AFAIK This type of movement is already prevalent in the forces. I have personal experience of a foreign Major who after getting pissed at a mess dinner night proceeded to wander the accommodation block apparently in search of his room.

Either by design or by being unfortunate he went into the wrong room (yes the door was unlocked). The young doris who happened to be in bed was awoken by said officer sitting on the end of her bed. When she asked him to leave, he decided to ask her if she fancied a rumble between the sheets.

Long story short: The Major was removed from the block and from the course and sent home in disgrace. What historically would of been dealt with as drunken japes, escalated rapidly into a removal and dismissal from a career enhancing course.
I can't say I have a lot of sympathy for him to be honest. He is meant to be an officer and a gentleman and I have always expected them to set example and behave as such. Its one of the reasons why we salute them, not just acknowledging the Queens commision. They are supposed to set an example no matter what nationality.

The fact that historically such things have been dealt with as drunken japes are why we now have all this #Me Too shit.

Anyhoo, anyone want to knock up a list of the benefits of putting Women into front line/Combat roles or in mainly male environments?

Send answers to ...

FAO Dilligaf
HQ
I'm all cool and trendy , sanctimonious, virtual signalling, right on Manbaby ,
Flat 7, Still don't get anymore poontang than Johhny Caveman
Real Women want real men avenue,
County Chicks dig scars
Shoveitshire
M.E.H.

Pretty sure Cuckold was around long before America.
Once again, I was referring to 'Cuck' not 'Cuckold'.
The other Americanism I was referring to was 'Karen'.

1. Cuck short for Cuckold, appears to have originated in the USA, Cuck not Cuckold the source word.
  2. Karen, a screeching harpy.
I really hope that is now clear and understood as it is now twice I have had to have this conversation on this thread.

Cuck not Cuckold.

What to do though, I remember well my SSM on a parade in 1994/5 . Checking the dress standards of my troops on parade before the C.Os inspection. They /we were in bloody barrack dress, so shiny trousers and wooly pulleys.

He came up to a female and she had some “lint” on her wooly pulley. So he has to say.

”You have something on your dress, I will touch your ............ chest area to remove it”.

And he did , wonder if she would be trying to cash in on the metoo?
That’s nothing odd, happens with men too. Our DL at Lympstone always used to say “I’m going to touch you now”, if about to remove a bit of fluff etc.

Once again, I was referring to 'Cuck' not 'Cuckold'.
The other Americanism I was referring to was 'Karen'.

1. Cuck short for Cuckold, appears to have originated in the USA, Cuck not Cuckold the source word.
  2. Karen, a screeching harpy.
I really hope that is now clear and understood as it is now twice I have had to have this conversation on this thread.

Cuck not Cuckold.
I hadn’t seen it had already been answered before I posted.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
I can't say I have a lot of sympathy for him to be honest. He is meant to be an officer and a gentleman and I have always expected them to set example and behave as such. Its one of the reasons why we salute them, not just acknowledging the Queens commision. They are supposed to set an example no matter what nationality.

The fact that historically such things have been dealt with as drunken japes are why we now have all this #Me Too shit.
par avion I agree with you. I wasn't trying to say what happened to him was wrong. I was just trying to convey that historically he might of been told to apologise, and probably might of got extras or a fine.

I tried to point out (not very well) that times have changed and this sort of behavior is not acceptable or tolerated anymore, and these types of events are dealt with more rigorously.

I have a (female) Young Officer who whilst staying in accommodation ashore had to endure a week of drunk sailors banging on her cabin door demanding sex with "Ma'am". They undoubtedly thought it was funny at the time and probably don't even remember doing it; she was utterly petrified.
And what did you do about it? Genuine question, not a cheap pop...

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
last couple of years.

It was when she was an OC (i.e. not yet a full Officer) so my understanding is that they are in whatever the replacement for Britannia Block is.
I'm confused. You introduced her as a young officer and now she seems to have morphed into what seems to approximate to an O/Cdt in Army-speak. That makes a considerable a difference.

I have a (female) Young Officer who whilst staying in accommodation ashore had to endure a week of drunk sailors banging on her cabin door demanding sex with "Ma'am". They undoubtedly thought it was funny at the time and probably don't even remember doing it; she was utterly petrified.

That’s nothing odd, happens with men too. Our DL at Lympstone always used to say “I’m going to touch you now”, if about to remove a bit of fluff etc.
And when they gave them a hand job?

par avion I agree with you. I wasn't trying to say what happened to him was wrong. I was just trying to convey that historically he might of been told to apologise, and probably might of got extras or a fine.

I tried to point out (not very well) that times have changed and this sort of behavior is not acceptable or tolerated anymore, and these types of events are dealt with more rigorously.
Sometimes there are, sometimes a convicted nonce is allowed to continue to serve because the CoC doesnt give a shit about its female soldiers.

Sometimes there are, sometimes a convicted nonce is allowed to continue to serve because the CoC doesnt give a shit about its female soldiers.
I've no doubt that does happen, and it's wrong. If the CoC is part of the problem is there anywhere for the aggrieved parties to go?

In my day you didn't dare go outside the CoC if you had a problem. That way lead to more problems for you. If your face didn't fit or you kept getting dicked for the shit jobs, you just took it on the chin and got on with it.

Complaining it seamed was not the done thing. I would hope times have changed. Assault, bullying, harassment, and intimidation to mention a few are hopefully things of the past, or should be.

I'm confused. You introduced her as a young officer and now she seems to have morphed into what seems to approximate to an O/Cdt in Army-speak. That makes a considerable a difference.
A Young Officer in the RN is anyone from their first day at BRNC until they join the complement strength.

This can be a period from c 21 months to upwards of 5 years. I was a Young Officer for just under 6 years.

Latest Threads