British Army joins Basra fighting

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by WhiteHorse, Mar 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC reporting British troops firing Arty on insurgent mortar positions

BBC Report
  2. From I've read and heard, it sounds like the Iraqi Army and Police aren't doing too badly. It appears that we are providing ISTAR, CAS and now Artillery while they go about on the ground and do the job.

I say well done and keep it up! If they keep on like this we'll all be home a lot sooner!

T C
  3. You should check out the daily pix thread on milphotos, pic after pic of Iraqi coppers "suerrendering" to Sadr's boys 8O
  4. msr

msr LE

5. Yeah i saw that! in one pic there are about 6+ with PKMs and Dragonovs why would you surrender with that firepower.Also are they wearing Body Armour now?

Attached Files:

6. msr

msr LE

Or group of Mehdi army blokes wearing police uniforms for the photoshoot turn up and 'surrender'?

7. Or a group of Mehdi army blokes join the police simply to switch sides and undermine the cause at the critical moment?
  8. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Just saw that on Channel 4 news. An Iraqi unit handing their weapons over in a straight swap for a Quran and an olive branch from some mullah in Sadr City.
  9. Why would they hand their weapons over? Why not just join them? Smells funny.
  10. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Yeah, it did look like a photo-op.
  11. I think before anyone gives them any weapons they need to no how to take there weapons off safe!
  12. By the way the guys in the background are diving for cover they must be under intense fire!

Attached Files:

13. Issue them all Glocks and they will not only not need to be shown how to take the safety off, they will be shooting themselves, their colleagues etc in no time.
  14. Basrsgrad anyone? Under equipped troops, over extended supply lines, unreliable allies, no clear concept of operations and objectives decided at the drop of a Daily Mail story and a large anonymous cheque...