British Army joins Basra fighting

From I've read and heard, it sounds like the Iraqi Army and Police aren't doing too badly. It appears that we are providing ISTAR, CAS and now Artillery while they go about on the ground and do the job.

I say well done and keep it up! If they keep on like this we'll all be home a lot sooner!

T C

The_Cheat said:
From I've read and heard, it sounds like the Iraqi Army and Police aren't doing too badly. It appears that we are providing ISTAR, CAS and now Artillery while they go about on the ground and do the job.

I say well done and keep it up! If they keep on like this we'll all be home a lot sooner!

T C
You should check out the daily pix thread on milphotos, pic after pic of Iraqi coppers "suerrendering" to Sadr's boys 8O

petergriffen said:
The_Cheat said:

T C
You should check out the daily pix thread on milphotos, pic after pic of Iraqi coppers "suerrendering" to Sadr's boys 8O
Link?

msr

petergriffen said:
The_Cheat said:

T C
Yeah i saw that! in one pic there are about 6+ with PKMs and Dragonovs why would you surrender with that firepower.Also are they wearing Body Armour now?

Attachments

Or group of Mehdi army blokes wearing police uniforms for the photoshoot turn up and 'surrender'?

msr

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
Just saw that on Channel 4 news. An Iraqi unit handing their weapons over in a straight swap for a Quran and an olive branch from some mullah in Sadr City.

I think before anyone gives them any weapons they need to no how to take there weapons off safe!

Twats.

Lewis said:
I think before anyone gives them any weapons they need to no how to take there weapons off safe!

Issue them all Glocks and they will not only not need to be shown how to take the safety off, they will be shooting themselves, their colleagues etc in no time.

Basrsgrad anyone? Under equipped troops, over extended supply lines, unreliable allies, no clear concept of operations and objectives decided at the drop of a Daily Mail story and a large anonymous cheque...

tomahawk6 said:
The border with Iran has been closed and the militias are having difficulty in getting ammunition resupplied.
So what is it you do? Do you keep the 'Big Bag of War-Phrases' somewhere near you keyboard to you can dip your hand in occasionally and post one or two a day for our benefit?

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Chuffit said:
tomahawk6 said:
The border with Iran has been closed and the militias are having difficulty in getting ammunition resupplied.
So what is it you do? Do you keep the 'Big Bag of War-Phrases' somewhere near you keyboard to you can dip your hand in occasionally and post one or two a day for our benefit?
I like the smell of napalm in the morning?

tomahawk6 said:
Is that what your totally believeable 'we tell the truth 100%' govt are telling you?

because if it is then how come:

BBC said:
in Baghdad, said the US and British involvement in the fighting in Basra appeared to have started to grow in the last couple of days. This meant the Iraqi armed forces were meeting much stiffer resistance than they expected, and were asking the coalition for help.
Are they making their own ammunition?

Bush, gotta love him and his optimism and honesty

Filbert - would have commented earlier, but need to remove coffee from keyboard, screen and surrounding area!

Any truth in the "rumour" that British tanks are more in evidence in central Basra currently than the Iraqi Army?

It was of course 5 years to the day that Basra was taken - I wonder what odds Corals would have given for this presence five years on?

Latest Threads