British army, ******* its way to Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by petergriffen, Sep 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :p
    [​IMG]
    PS before anyone ask's, the weird sight on the LSW and the UGL is the Elcan spector DR 8)

2. Quote: PS before anyone ask's, the weird sight on the LSW and the UGL is the Elcan spector DR : quote

the yankies don't seem to like it!

ELCAN

for the less well informed, what is the idea behind the Spector DR, as opposed to the acog?

3. can someone explain what i'm looking at?

4. The concept is to allow you to use one sight for CQB and distance. It uses a lever to switch from both eyes open 'red dot' type sight to 4x magnification (like ACOG) for distance shooting. Supposed to be better than having an ACOG + EOtech as muscle memory, eye relief, etc unchanged when using ELCAN. You just throw a lever and it goes from no mag to x4 - v quick and easy. It is designed to work with a NV sight in front of it so you do not need to dismount main sight when it goes dark.

I have used this sight, it is pretty impressive (if heavy) and seems to be really well put together and thought out. My only concern would be how resilient it is, but I suspect it has been well tested and bashed about.

5. Is that a Crane stock on the LMG.... also is that the realtime camera sights or just a gucci type of holo sight

6. I thought it was a thermal sight.

7. if you're refering to the Mini - looks like an updated Viper sight (thermal) - probably wrong though...

Proofs in the pudding i suppose..

8. No it's ******* not, the proof of the pudding is in the eating is probaly the expression you're looking for.

While I am in Grumpy Old Man mode, when did standards slip so far that everyone has to wear their beret airborne style with the cap badge over the left ear? Used to be the eye - do badge men really not care about standards any more?

Back on topic - oooohhhh shinyyyy

9. Vipir 2+ I think? That is what was being talked about a year or two ago.

10. why has the guy on the right got a CWS thats not new ?,scraping the bottom of the barrel there arn't they ?

11. ...With (supposedly) parrallax-free CQB sight mounted on top of it.

12. i would have said the LSW was scraping the bottle of the barrel!

13. Damn, thought it meant ******* of the female variety :wink:

14. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

How the fcuk does the way a soldier wears his beret affect standards???

15. [​IMG]