British Army, Iraq (Basra?), Land Rover, ramming doors

Back in 2003 (I think), there was video of some British soldiers using a Land Rover to ram open the doors of a building in Iraq (probably in Basra, but not sure). Does anyone have this video or a link to it?

I seem to remember it made the papers at the time and was shown on tv.

I've Googled and searched Youtube for it but I just can't find the right search term to find it, and yet I'm sure it must be on the Net somewhere.

Thanks if you know anything about it.

Back in 2003 (I think), there was video of some British soldiers using a Land Rover to ram open the doors of a building in Iraq (probably in Basra, but not sure). Does anyone have this video or a link to it?

I seem to remember it made the papers at the time and was shown on tv.

I've Googled and searched Youtube for it but I just can't find the right search term to find it, and yet I'm sure it must be on the Net somewhere.

Thanks if you know anything about it.
It might have been the Irish regiment (cant remember if it was the Guards or Rangers) who were errrrr "protecting" a bank

Have you tried 'British soldiers using a Land Rover to ram open the doors of a building in Iraq'?

Have you tried 'British soldiers using a Land Rover to ram open the doors of a building in Iraq'?
He has :)
British Army, Iraq (Basra?), Land Rover, ramming doors
Back in 2003 (I think), there was video of some British soldiers using a Land Rover to ram open the doors of a building in Iraq (probably in Basra, but not sure). Does anyone have this video?

From memory they were doing building searches and in the same town there was a memorial to troops from the same Regt killed in WW1

I tried to kick in a door in Basra and it wouldn't budge, so the boss put a warrior through the wall. It was in full view of Broadsword, which means it's probably on wikileaks somewhere. I hope this helps.

I tried to kick in a door in Basra and it wouldn't budge, so the boss put a warrior through the wall. It was in full view of Broadsword, which means it's probably on wikileaks somewhere. I hope this helps.
Any damage to the warrior?

I recall the video. Fuzzy memory but it looked like one of the buildings inside Basra Palace using a WMIK?
Thanks. Yes, that sounds like it. My memory is vague now but I think it was a WMIK and the building looked palatial. I seem to remember that the vehicle had to drive up a small flight of low steps to get to the door/gates.

Thank you, that's it! Well done. :)

The caption on the page says that they were Marines. Is that correct or not?

And thanks to everyone else who replied above.
That's what I remembered it being Royal Marines & I used that in the search description.

Also it wont let me link it but there is another slightly different clip, if you use this without the space between the / and the numbers
The reporter says it's Royal Marines

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail...ace-including-tank-driving-into-news-footage/ 670011612

That's what I remembered it being Royal Marines & I used that in the search description.

Also it wont let me link it but there is another slightly different clip, if you use this without the space between the / and the numbers
The reporter says it's Royal Marines

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail...ace-including-tank-driving-into-news-footage/ 670011612
Many thanks.

I think there might also be a third video shot by a different camera at the same time but from the right hand side, but I can't be sure now if it's just my memory playing tricks. Anyway, these two videos are definitely of the event I was thinking of.

Latest Threads