British Army creates mobile app for recruitment drive

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by PartTimePongo, Dec 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. LONDON - The British Army has launched a mobile application featuring video content in a bid to drive recruitment.

The Army's latest TV campaign encourages viewers to text in for a free short mobile film and to find out more about what the Army can offer them.

Respondents are then sent an SMS containing a link to the site, where they can watch films and request a free DVD and careers information.

Designed by Ad.IQ, the mobile campaign enables the Army to monitor the number of consumers who visit the site and download content, and collect data for future recruitment activity.

Users are also encouraged to pass the information on to a friend via SMS or email
  2. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

I wonder how much of the text cost's go to the MOD? I know the budget's a bit short but honestly.
  3. msr

msr LE

About 2 years after I produced one for our Battery for nothing!
  4. You make an enquiery...they turn into a double glazing salesman and ring you every week even though you explaine the situation....till next week eh!