Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British Army calls in French troubleshooter

Comforting words from the adults after Wessex Storm.

Let's hope the feelings were shared lower down the food chain....

Yes, let’s hope the impressions at the section and platoon level were of a similar nature.

Any of our French colleagues able to give an update on the "Actualisation de la programmation militaire 2014-2019" wrt to this from EUROMIL; French Bill on the Military Program 2014/2019 - EUROMIL

On military TUs ? IIRC, there is a sort of EU legal obligation to have some form of representation but there is very little appetite in the forces for that.

At the moment those issues are dealt with through the CSFM

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
I thought it was in 1918 as a result of the German Spring offensive on 21 March @overopensights ?
Par Avion Greetings. You may be right, But I thought it was Lloyd George interfering somewhat earlier? I shall report back!

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Par Avion Greetings. You may be right, But I thought it was Lloyd George interfering somewhat earlier? I shall report back!

I thought it was in 1918 as a result of the German Spring offensive on 21 March @overopensights ?
Par Avion. Greetings, I stand corrected, you're right! The French Marshal Foch became Generalissimo of all allies on the Western Front in April 1918. and not 1917 as I had remarked in an earlier post. I accept 25 press-ups to be taken over a period which shall be secret, and befitting of my age!

Last edited:
........ The French Marshal Foch became Generalissimo of all allies on the Western Front in April 1918. .........
The Foch statue in Grosvenor Gardens, London SW1 (near Victoria Station)
1613595589394.png

Inscription on far side:
1613595647750.png

It provides a suitable location for the Camerone Day Parade of the Foreign Legion Association of Great Britain.

Last edited:
French troops will be integrated in the British BG which is soon to deploy to Estonia

Such close integration and interoperability is hugely beneficial for both armies.

FEASG

LE
Such close integration and interoperability is hugely beneficial for both armies.
As a mater of interest, while I'm fully aware that we have fought alongside the French, many times before (Crimea, WWI, WWII, Suez) Has there ever been such low level integration Before?