Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British Army calls in French troubleshooter

I tell you what, the French Army ratpacks in the 1980's were a damn sight worse than the British Army ones.
I quite enjoyed the ratpacks in the late 60s and 70s - spangles were great, tins of salmon. The thick ginger biscuits were a bit filling but otherwise the only improvement would have been a packet of fags.

I quite enjoyed the ratpacks in the late 60s and 70s - spangles were great, tins of salmon. The thick ginger biscuits were a bit filling but otherwise the only improvement would have been a packet of fags.
Well you got the fags (rough Gauloises) as well as a small bottle of very rough brandy, but on the food front it was distinctly meagre.

The Green Slime is in da house....VTC between the French CEMAT and British CGS

Carleton.jpg
Slime.jpg

The tins of salmon appeared to present the cooks with a bit of a challenge.
I remember a Bedford that was half full of them at end-ex. Cook was dishing them out to the married guys to take home.

Are we letting their kids make daddy's rank slides at nursery school now?

If that's an Int Corps bloke with the initials CD, I've worked with him in the past and he has a brain the size of a planet.

For the French speakers, the most up to date state of play on the FRA-UK MIL relationship on rhe 10th anniversary of the Lancaster House treaty.

D
Don't forget the Tiffin bars

For the French speakers, the most up to date state of play on the FRA-UK MIL relationship on rhe 10th anniversary of the Lancaster House treaty.

On UK Govt website:

A British LTC serving with the FRA 3 Division located in Marseille has done his farewell to arms during a recent parade.

View attachment 490164
Did he look that Gallic when he started the attachment or is it something in the Vichy Water?

Tiffin was made by Frys and then Cadbury took it over (I think)
Now owned by the Septics.
So, they would be called Nooner bars if revived.