British Army Boot Soles

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by BashaBasher, Jun 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. First there was the DMS Boot which has a sole similar to now, Then Came the Hi Leg with 'Tyre Tread' soles, Now the Assault Boot with 'Timberland Boot' type of sole. What would the next sole be like?

Up to now, I think the 'Tyre Treads' were the best, Then the DMS and the 'Assault Boot' soles the last, Ok they are made from good thick rubber but i find the treads crap.

I find the 'Joined Sole' found on Magnum Boots the best, Great for climbing Obstacles and things, Very sneaky too.

Who else thinks this?

2. You will be given what the Treasury decides whatever is the cheapest tender.

That which you ultimately receive will prove to be as ineffective as that which went before it and will eventually be replaced by the same system of competitive tendering.

The relevance or otherwise of a sole is determined by cost.

3. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Your are a gimp hard rubber soles and compressed cardboard inner's those boots no doubt caused more shin splints and leg injuires than anything else I for one certainly dont miss the stinging sensation in my feet after jumping down off/over something bet you still wiosh that we were issued great coats and battle dress instead of Cbt 95's

4. The brand new patented R sole!

5. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

The assault boot sole is based on the Itshide Commando sole which was considered to be an equal to hobnailed boots.

6. There was nothing like the feeling of your feet turning to blocks of ice in an 80's German winter as the BCH conducted cold as well as water conducted electricity. Once we binned BCH I never got cold feet again, even in Bosnian winters. I HATED those boots, especially the crap methods they came up with to lace them up so they didn't destroy your feet, ankles and lower legs.