British Army becoming foreign legion

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by hansvonhealing, Nov 14, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Pr*ck.

2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

You've been drinking haven't you PtP :D

3. If you take on the role of an international police force, you've got to accept that it will be staffed by international police.

4. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I suppose I can see where they’re coming from but it was a bit of a bone comment. However the problem remains that we cannot recruit and retain enough people from the UK. What’s to be done?

5. Put it this way , I wouldn't drive for another 15 hours :D

But it was a bone statement , is TCH back in defence then?

6. Nope, but as is characteristic of this government, with the same speech-writers and spin-doctors employed, the same rubbish spews forth no matter who's at the helm.

7. ... more pay and fewer tours. Is this a wah?

8. The fault does not lay with the troops from other countries, but with our own inability to recruit.

Personally I would have to think very hard before I encourage anyone to join the Army under Blair's regime.

9. Maybe it's because Blair is aware he can no longer rely on the loyalty of British soldiers? Come the revolution their will be a big pool of disenchanted ex squaddies waiting for payback!

10. I wonder how long it'll be before the Scum has headlines of "Soldiers planning revolution!"? :oops:

11. In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act!

12. Bring back national service?

13. Will there be a membership card and meetings?

14. Aren't the 9% foreign legion something to do with the adding more black faces when Black British people didn't seem to want to join the army?

I don't think the foreign legion are a bad thing. The raw material seem pretty high quality and harldy people who "enlist to forget."

Where too, would the traditions of the army of the British Empire be without its commonwealth and imperial troops? Isn't it a good thing that an army which takes pride in names like Burma, Gallipolli and Tobruk has a place for people whose gandparents also fought there in our uniforms?