British Army becoming foreign legion

“It is after all supposed to be the British Army, not the Commonwealth Army,” one defence source said
Pr*ck.

You've been drinking haven't you PtP :D

If you take on the role of an international police force, you've got to accept that it will be staffed by international police.

I suppose I can see where they’re coming from but it was a bit of a bone comment. However the problem remains that we cannot recruit and retain enough people from the UK. What’s to be done?

You've been drinking haven't you PtP
Put it this way , I wouldn't drive for another 15 hours :D

But it was a bone statement , is TCH back in defence then?

Nope, but as is characteristic of this government, with the same speech-writers and spin-doctors employed, the same rubbish spews forth no matter who's at the helm.

Ord_Sgt said:
I suppose I can see where they’re coming from but it was a bit of a bone comment. However the problem remains that we cannot recruit and retain enough people from the UK. What’s to be done?
... more pay and fewer tours. Is this a wah?

The fault does not lay with the troops from other countries, but with our own inability to recruit.

Personally I would have to think very hard before I encourage anyone to join the Army under Blair's regime.

E

error_unknown

Maybe it's because Blair is aware he can no longer rely on the loyalty of British soldiers? Come the revolution their will be a big pool of disenchanted ex squaddies waiting for payback!

Herrenbloke said:
Maybe it's because Blair is aware he can no longer rely on the loyalty of British soldiers? Come the revolution their will be a big pool of disenchanted ex squaddies waiting for payback!
I wonder how long it'll be before the Scum has headlines of "Soldiers planning revolution!"? :oops:

Bring back national service?

Herrenbloke said:
Will there be a membership card and meetings?

Aren't the 9% foreign legion something to do with the adding more black faces when Black British people didn't seem to want to join the army?

I don't think the foreign legion are a bad thing. The raw material seem pretty high quality and harldy people who "enlist to forget."

Where too, would the traditions of the army of the British Empire be without its commonwealth and imperial troops? Isn't it a good thing that an army which takes pride in names like Burma, Gallipolli and Tobruk has a place for people whose gandparents also fought there in our uniforms?

Quote:
“It is after all supposed to be the British Army, not the Commonwealth Army,” one defence source said

Pr*ck.

As a MOD is this really the sort of one liner you would expect to see? I was criticised for a similar one liner by a MOD in another thread - is this double standards?

With regards the comment that you took so much offence at - and by your user name - perhaps a comment should have been made by a regular, who at least has an insiders view. With some units the above comment is not too wide of the mark.

Empire said:
Quote:

Pr*ck.

As a MOD is this really the sort of one liner you would expect to see? I was criticised for a similar one liner by a MOD in another thread - is this double standards?

With regards the comment that you took so much offence at - and by your user name - perhaps a comment should have been made by a regular, who at least has an insiders view. With some units the above comment is not too wide of the mark.
PR*CK

VerminWA wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Empire wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Pr*ck.

PR*CK

and your point is?

Empire said:
Quote:

Pr*ck.

Note that PTP has criticised a remark (in the piece seen if you click on the link) made by a 'defence source' - probably some civil servant who talks to journos but doesn't want to be named. It is quite obviously not his view.

You'll be having humble pie for dinner, presumably.

Pr*ck

Latest Threads