British Army armoured brigade faces the chop

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by napier, Oct 9, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Kromeriz was a monkey in the TAs for 5 minutes don't you know.

2. So extreme cold is a known entity within the forces outside of 3X. Good to know.

Also notable how general issue cold weather kit has improved since Bosnia.

Does the armour and troops in Canada get exercised in those temperatures or is play stopped due to weather?

I feel I may be on my way to solving this...

3. Which is still a thousand times better than any sly skunk (I thought about joining up) that didn't take the Queen's shilling. Remember, we were relying on them to fill the holes in BAOR if 3rd Shock had dagga-daggered West.

Sigh.

4. ?

I was in my 20s and I did cope thanks.

Seeing as you’re flailing around @History_Man etc as well perhaps you need a lie down

• Like Like x 2
  5. I know, he turned up and did his bit. What is sad is conflating that with catching public transport to work on a winter's morning.

6. He's gone to bed, tomorrow is another day.

7. Chill, Jimmy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Weird. You make a reasonable statement and get called out on it..

Gotta love Arrse

• Like Like x 2
  9. Is it Friday night already????

10. Thank you for his service.

11. Sarastro

Sarastro LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

That will be what does for the Army. It will be like the death of a neutron star. The combined weight of all the bullshit from those formations will cause the Bulford to collapse in on itself and swallow all of Salisbury Plain in a gravitational singularity from which no light can escape.

Anyone sucked into it will never be seen again, condemned to spend eternity reading emails about coffee and sandwiches, filling in an infinitely long JAMES page that never saves, and recursively copying sub-unit information into a single unified spreadsheet, that requires you to copy all information entered into another, identical, single unified spreadsheet, which requires you to copy all information entered into....

****! It's already happened!

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  12. That's why I've been at E2 since September 2015 - I have absolutely no desire to go back to an E1 post...

13. All this Fantasy Orbats has obviously gone to my head, and I've expanded them to Div strength :eek:

14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Rubbish the Light div have the best and have taken the biggest hit, from 6 regular LI and RGJ plus the D&D, DERR, Glos all of whom had their own bands.
    They are reduced to a single band and have a loan attachment of 20 buglers drawn from the six regular battalions.

15. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

It helped that the RGJ and LI had kept those traditions going even if the green jacket ones (being new boys) were more habits than traditions!