British and Danish defence ministers issue joint declaration

Yokel

LE
The UK and Denmark will enhance our operational cooperation, including in the North Atlantic, in such areas as air and maritime surveillance, joint training, disaster relief, intelligence-sharing and anti-submarine operations.

Will Danish frigates be part of a future NATO maritime task group based around HMS Queen Elizabeth/Prince of Wales, and will Danish ASW helicopters embark under NATO HOSTAC arrangements?

The UK and Denmark will enhance our operational cooperation, including in the North Atlantic, in such areas as air and maritime surveillance, joint training, disaster relief, intelligence-sharing and anti-submarine operations.

Will Danish frigates be part of a future NATO maritime task group based around HMS Queen Elizabeth/Prince of Wales, and will Danish ASW helicopters embark under NATO HOSTAC arrangements?
WTF are you asking that on an Army themed web site. Most members here DGAF

WTF are you asking that on an Army themed web site. Most members here DGAF
Don't be a dick.

There's a large Tri service following on this website and the Danish navy have very very close alignment in goals with the RN due to the importance of the GIUK gap etc.

if you don't have anything useful to say maybe don't bother.

Don't be a dick.

There's a large Tri service following on this website and the Danish navy have very very close alignment in goals with the RN due to the importance of the GIUK gap etc.

if you don't have anything useful to say maybe don't bother.
How about you dissappear and find a nautical website to bore? There's a good non military chap.

Yokel

LE
How about you dissappear and find a nautical website to bore? There's a good non military chap.

I believe that some of your predecessors held similar views as they dug in with the British Expeditionary Force, then had a different view in May 1940.

I read that as Denmark/ UK agreeing to keep shipping channels past Denmark open to allied ships heading to the Baltics/ Poland.

Yes, and shipping lanes all the way across the Atlantic. See this paper from the Human Security Centre:

Fire and Ice - A New Maritime Strategy for NATO's Northern Flank

Ahhh I now see where the whole JOINT means LAND thing got its roots! And i'm pretty sure I've been on actual Ops a lot more recently than you, if you ever have. :thumright:

Apart from in 1801 and 1807 ;-)

A slight misunderstanding due to their aligning with the wrong side, at that time, from our point of view.
They have been on the correct side since though, and have since stood firm with us throughout.
With more to come no doubt on the EU/NATO front.

Try Googling Copenhagenization!

I’ve got a lot of time for the Danes, spent quite a bit of time working with them, delivering Wind Turbine’s either tower sections or blades.
Got stuck on German/Polish border for nearly a month and was really looked after by them.
And their bloody good soldiers!

……. that being said, they’re very fine fellows these days! And their Queen, a very gracious lady indeed, is our Colonel-in-Chief.

A slight misunderstanding due to their aligning with the wrong side, at that time, from our point of view.
They have been on the correct side since though, and have since stood firm with us throughout.
With more to come no doubt on the EU/NATO front.

Denmark are watching Brexit closely, and if a success, may be following us out.

Latest Threads