British and Afghan troops launch dawn raid in Helmand

Discussion in 'Afghanistan' started by MoD_RSS, Mar 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. The weapons & mags look very old & worse for wear.

3. Bollocks!
    The MOD provides only the finest equipment that money can buy. It must be true, more than one Secretary of Defence has told us so!

4. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Awesome!!! I take it that the war will be over by Christmas then?

5. The insurgents believed their HQ was safe because they were on the other side of a canal?

6. Yeah Allah had put up a force feild over the canal. Or so they were told.

7. I think batfink was referring to the captured weapons. I can see where you're coming from, though.

8. They'd probably seen the video of 40RA at Umm Qasr.

9. Yes was referring to the captured weapons. If they had a decent cache surely they would show them to emphasize the success of the raid.

Obviously any explosives, IED parts< Weapons ect taken out of the hands of the Insurgents can only be a good thing, but I think they are trying to make it look more successful than it was.

10. Fair enough then. I'd be asking Allah for my ****ing money back then.

11. Don't worry they got 75 virgins as compensation.

12. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

It's good to see that we are winning in Helmand. We've been there since 2006, so it's about time really. It's longer than it took us to defeat the Kaiser, Hitler, and Hirohito, so we bloody well should have a result by now.

Perhaps though we should have concentrated a bit more on producing a local and national government system that is not so institutionally corrupt that the locals still accept the Taliban as a better alternative? Just a thought...

13. So the Emperor Mong afflicts the Taliban as well?!... Amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE

14. I thought the only governments Afghans do are corrupt and unreformable or hard line Islamic, and unreformable?
    My great-great uncle fought there and probably thought the place wasn't worth fighting over.

15. Could have set the Generals some goals, funded them and let them crack on instead of micro political management. Bit retro but, hey, worked before.