Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British Airways-The Worlds favourite Airline(not!!!)

spitlock

Old-Salt
I think we could say this about nearly all airlines, most of it is out of their control, ive flown with BA 10+ times and never suffered a bad flight or rude behaviour in the slightest, but im sure it happens ive just been very lucky,

But if they were to aim thenselves somewhere it should definately be to take a leaf out of Emirates book,

theres an airline

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Even their non-cattle class is more expensive than most others.

Let's be fair though: Pakistan Airlines? A very big no-no.

Flew to Pakistan some years back for a wedding. Not too bad by all accounts, but coming back was something else altogether. We were due to have a refuelling stop halfway back which should have taken about half an hour, but by the time we got to the refueling stop, the plane was so fecking minging that everyone had to de-bus whilst they defumigated the whole aircraft (I shit you not). It took two hours of waiting around whilst the stink of sweat/unwashed bodies, and the overflowing and gopping toilets got cleaned out. A more vile, disgusting bunch of people I have honestly never met, except when I walked past No. 10 last year.

It was better when it BOAC and BEA: British Airways are frightful - total bunch of sluts
As far BAA, if I had my way I'd give up using anilmals for experimantation and use BAA instead. At least they'd be doing some usful for once instead of losing my suitcase - btw, BAA are sluts as well

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Biped said:
Pakistan Airlines?

Was it PakAir that lost one coming into Mecca years ago, because some wag decided to cook up a curry on a Primus stove down the back? Torched the plane. I kid you not.

I was once asked to move seats on an airline from that part of the world. Someone had brought a car axle on as hand baggage and they wanted to strap it across the seats.

Aeroflot anyone?

Nah, BA aint perfect but "Good morning ladies and gentlemen and welcome to speedbird 457 inbound for London Heathrow. I'm Nigel your First officer and Cedric our pilot is just shooting his cuffs in preparation for a perfect take off" is up there with "Have you time for a quick blow job Signor?" in the all time great things you want to hear when exiting some fly blown dump.

Fly Ba because you've the best chance of getting there as they seem to obay the maintainece sched for their planes.
Flew Kenyan Air twix Mombassa and Nairobie and it was like flying in a convertable. F$$king pleased when it landed wheels first - a white nuckle ride and a half.

Much as I hate to admit it, Air France have always impressed me. Flying short haul with kids you get precedence on boarding and in flight service.

Blogg

LE
Oddly enough never had a bad BA flight as such. short haul or long haul. Any hassle down to the Airports themselves or weather. Just lucky perhaps.

Worst treatment I have experienced was at the hands of Lufthansa. Cabin crew seemed to have Rosa Klebb as their role model.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Trevelez said:
Much as I hate to admit it, Air France have always impressed me. Flying short haul with kids you get precedence on boarding and in flight service.

Easy Jet and Ryan Air do the same.

On a tangental note, I was talking to a pilot recently, saying how I prefer a 747 over an Air Bus because a 747 has 4 engines and an Air Bus only 2.

He smiled and said "Any pilot will tell you that means a 747 has twice the opportunity for something to go horribly wrong".

I still cant work out if he was winding me up.

Certa_Cito

War Hero
I think I´ve been lucky as well with regards to BA. Never had a major problem. The airline I´ve been unluckiest with is America Airlines aka Arrsehole Airlines. If you´re stuck in cattle class there, then goodnight Eileen :roll:

Started off with the security check at the airport where I was told that they (AA) didn´t accept a drivers licence (with photo) as additional ID, as well as my passport. They also didn´t accept a german residence permit as proof of residing legally in Germany WTF !! When I suggested to the young man that he´d be better off calling the Federal Police over and letting them decide what documentation was legal in their own country, I ended up getting the 3rd degree from his supervisor i.e. If I´m travelling abroad then I should have the necessary documentation. A valid passport as well as 3 other forms of photo ID isn´t necessarily enough :?

I´ll leave it at that, cos even the memory of it is enough to set me off ranting and raving. Anyone else who has used AA before will know the rest :twisted:

BA were always one of the best for civ aeromed, QANTAS the worst. I used to do a lot of aeromed work for the UAE embassy in London, and having them pay for me to fly First or Business Class on Emirates or Gulf Air rather spoiled me for anything else.

In some ways I'm glad I don't fly as regularly now. It's become a complete nightmare as everyone is massively inconvenienced because security is not targetted, and the airport facilities seem utterly unable to cope. Customer service generally is nowhere near as good as it used to be even a few years ago; all airport and airline staff now seem to see passengers as an irritation, not the source of their salaries.

I have no problem at all with Heathrow (usually use Terminal 3) apart from one thing- the bloody security checkpoint. Even the spams are quicker and more efficient than those tubes. 15 or so sets of scanners and metal detectors and I don't think I've ever seen more than half a dozen operational at any one time. Last time I went through (I was on the late Virgin Flight to LAX at 1500hrs so the airport was in full swing) they had 4 stations open and the queue went outside the cattle pens, past all the shops and the entire length of the hallway. All in all, about 150-200yds.

If you want a sh1t airport to be stuck in for a few hours, try LAX.Nothing to do, nothing worth eating and only sufficient seats for about 1/3 of the PAX. On a holiday weekend it can look like a Kurdish repugee camp.

Certa_Cito

War Hero
I can top you there Crabtastic. Security checkpoint for US flights at Terminal 2 in Frankfurt ! Go through the 1st set of x-rays, turn right and walk 50m to the next set. The only thing in between the two sets is the duty free shop and the bogs :D

Blogg

LE
crabtastic said:
If you want a sh1t airport to be stuck in for a few hours, try LAX.Nothing to do, nothing worth eating and only sufficient seats for about 1/3 of the PAX. On a holiday weekend it can look like a Kurdish repugee camp.

You should try Sheremetyevo. Absolute pit.

Mind you, went to Greece a few years back and once through the (non functional) detector gate the departure lounge of Santorini airport was a barbed wire compound on the tarmac.

biohazardboots said:
Fly Ba because you've the best chance of getting there as they seem to obay the maintainece sched for their planes.

Not by any chance an employee/major shareholder/CEO/shop steward of the 'world's favourite airline' are you biobooties?

For sheer entertainment value, you cannot beat Air Lanka. On a flight some years ago, the plane took off while one of the cabin crew was still on his feet. The steward promptly became airborne in the same manner as the plane and ended up in a heap in the aft heads.

No harm done and they proceeded to serve a pretty decent dinner. Strangely, they served all the men first then came back and served the women.

In LAX, terminals 1-7 (not the Bradley Terminal though) immediately after check in you proceed to an atrium and hand your ID and boarding pass to a "security guard" (more correctly identified as a neanderthal in a blue blazer). Once he/she/it has looked them over you head up an escalator to the top of the atrium where stands... another neanderthal in a blue blazer ready to check your iD and boarding pass. You have travelled about 45ft in clear line of sight of the first checkpoint along a path from which you cannot deviate and cannot come into contact with anyone else.

Why, God? Why?

Ancient_Mariner said:
biohazardboots said:
For sheer entertainment value, you cannot beat Air Lanka. On a flight some years ago, the plane took off while one of the cabin crew was still on his feet. The steward promptly became airborne in the same manner as the plane and ended up in a heap in the aft heads.
Had the good fortune to fly with Air Uganda or somesuch into Entebbe from JKIA in Niarobi some years ago. I suppose because it was only about 75 minutes, they let the goat and herder walk about the cabin during the flight. I believe both were tied down towards the rear of the A320 for both takeoff and landing. Didn't bother with the in-house catering though!

Norfolknchance said:
Ancient_Mariner said:
biohazardboots said:
Had the good fortune to fly with Air Uganda or somesuch into Entebbe from JKIA in Niarobi some years ago. I suppose because it was only about 75 minutes, they let the goat and herder walk about the cabin during the flight. I believe both were tied down towards the rear of the A320 for both takeoff and landing. Didn't bother with the in-house catering though!

I think you'll find that the goats on Air Uganda are only for the, ahem, use of first class passengers.

[/quote]
Had the good fortune to fly with Air Uganda or somesuch into Entebbe from JKIA in Niarobi some years ago. I suppose because it was only about 75 minutes, they let the goat and herder walk about the cabin during the flight. I believe both were tied down towards the rear of the A320 for both takeoff and landing. Didn't bother with the in-house catering though![/quote]

I think you'll find that the goats on Air Uganda are only for the, ahem, use of first class passengers.[/quote]

Darn it Musky. An' we were only in Club Class. Shoulda paid the extra 3s6d!! :D

Lighten up gents...........
I was sitting at the bar at heathrow term 3 and noticed this really beautiful woman sitting next to me.
I said to myself "Wow, she's gorgeous and must be an off duty flight attendant. I wonder which airline she works for?"
Hoping to pick her up I leaned towards her and uttered the Delta Airlines slogan........."Love to fly and it shows"
She gave me a blank look and I thought obviously not Delta.
A moment later another slogan popped into my head....."Somenthing Special in the air?"
She gave me the same confused look so I mentally cratched Singapore Airlines off my list.
Next tried Thai Airways slogan...."Smooth as Silk"
this time the woman turned round to me and said "What the F@ck do you want??"

"Ahhhh.................Ryanair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Latest Threads