Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British Accents Sexiest in the World

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
According to a new Time Out Poll we British have the sexiest accents on the Planet.

Apogies @fantassin ,as in War, Empire, and other things too numerous to mention because I really don't want to hurt your feelings, once again you have come second to John Bull.

The plucky Italians come in third.

But my question is, which British Accent, we got hundreds of the bloody things?

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Well for some weird reason the Izzies find the Brummie accent sexy

I blame sunstroke

If I had arrived in the US in my mid 20's with my nice RP accent I could have single handedly doubled the population here. I still have ladies telling me they just "lurve" listening to me speak. The Mrs has even had people at work asking her if she would do the message on their phones...........and she is from Swindon with parents from the Eastend.

==========================================

I worked at First Direct in Leeds for a while when I was at uni. They told us that they did loadsa market research to find the most pleasing British accent in order to make it pleasing and acceptable to customers. West Yorkshire, they landed in West Yorkshire..............nothing to do with govt backhanders to try and get the unemployment down, oh dearie me no.

Last edited:

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
If I had arrived in the US in my mid 20's with my nice RP accent I could have single handedly doubled the population here. I still have ladies telling me they just "lurve" listening to me speak. The Mrs has even had people at work asking her if she would do the message on their phones...........and she is from Swindon with parents from the Eastend.

==========================================

I worked at First Direct in Leeds for a while when I was at uni. They told us that they did loadsa market research to find the most pleasing British accent in order to make it pleasing ans acceptable to customers. West Yorkshire, they landed in West Yorkshire..............nothing to do with govt backhanders to try and get the unemployment down, oh dearie me no.

I thinks Scots just pipped the Yorkshire accent as most trustworthy when it comes to financial things. Our mutual parsimoniousness gulling others into trusting us with their money.

Bloody Fred the Shred destroyed that reputation though

They've obviously never met any Geordies...
I have to admit that after hearing the chav accents of the population of Hayes in West London when I worked there, when I had to contact banks and other organisations with offices in Newcastle, hearing the sweet Geordie accent of a girl from Newcastle was heaven and I was in both love and lust instantly.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I have to admit that after hearing the chav accents of the population of Hayes in West London when I worked there, when I had to contact banks and other organisations with offices in Newcastle, hearing the sweet Geordie accent of a girl from Newcastle was heaven and I was in both love and lust instantly.
I've had her.

I blame sunstroke
Jess Phillips, your future awaits. She did the right thing and sacked or suspended a racist in January Jess Phillips suspends key aide for posting antisemitic tweets

I blame sunstroke
Yom kipper tie.

No one really thinks of Smoggies as Geordies. The nappy ripping bastards are a breed all of their own.
Back in the 80s, Ayrsome park, they were chanting " can you hear the sunlund sing "
the response was " what's it like, what's it like, what's it like to shag your kids, what's it like to shag your kids". Was a lot of bother that night.

Latest Threads