British accent abroad - aphrodisiac?

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Technocratic_Turbine, Jul 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Whether stationed abroad or just a holiday to foreign pastures, have you ever attracted female attention for having a British accent?

I'm under the impression the North American ladies are quite fond of it, as are our European partners (or should that be 'prospective'). Whether we have Captain Jack Sparrow and Jude Law et al to thank or is it simply our command of the English language?

I went to Leuven in Belgium two years ago (where they brew the wife beater) and one of the girls commented on my accent. I've also got to know a lovely Swedish girl who though it was 'sexy'. Not exactly a sizeable sample but a start nonetheless :D

A lot of British culture whether music, film or television is exported throughout the world and that factors in somewhere.

2. Cow

Cow LE

Was in Florida on tour for a while, chicks loved the accent but hated the smell of beer and puke. In Norway they loved us again, till one of the lads got stage fright due to the cold...

3. Did you find the accent instantly got your leg in the door so to speak?

4. Cow

Cow LE

Those with the gift of the gab it worked like a dream, I settled for the fat ones.

5. ..which you'd find in abundance across the pond. Although of course there are many attractive ladies over there. So did it take a lot of effort then even though you had the accent? Are we talking a case of Brit accent overdose?

6. Techno cripes man, just go out and remove the shrink wrap from your dick and use it.

7. Technocratic_Turbine you are a fecking idiot. Now bugger off and play computer games you cretin.

8. Did I touch a nerve there guys?

Ljonesy, pitty your advice isn't widely distributed on a Saturday night. You'd probably solve half the disturbances.

Ozduke, ever considered getting a colouring book?

9. Well do you have a sister? Better yet whats your mom doing???

10. T_T mate, which British accent are you talking about mate? There must quite a few different ones as you can go to a different county and hear a different accent. Which also begs the question that if the English invented the English language how come you can't understand most of them. :? :wink:

11. ...I knew as soon as she tapped her feet we'd be in Kansas. Don't do that sort of thing around here mate.

12. Well dude I would have no problem shagging your mom sideways and posting it on you tube.

13. Well, seeing as it's time for the Aussies to come on, and Im about to go to bed *yawns* ; )

Why do you start a sentence in low key and work towards ending it in high key? And stretch your wuuuuuuurrrrds longer than they need to be?

It's just that it's really *low key* irrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiii *high key* taaaatiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnng.

And get rid of the looooooong curly haaaaaaair. It's so 70's and Leo Sayerish ; ).

14. Well as plain an English/neutral accent as possible. Mate I can relate to not understanding many as I'm Welsh :wink:. Unless I'm mistaken many foreigners don't easily distinguish between the various English accents?

As an Australian, have you ever been mistaken for a Brit when abroad? I've know it to happen.

15. Kudos to your hypnotherapist...I'd hate to break it to you but that ain't my Mum. Since you made good posts on another thread, please stay on topic or don't bother at all. The rules are clear here for everyone. Unless of course you were being facetious.