Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Britian to send Helicopters in support to French against Isil in Africa

To which point?

Why doesn’t Ireland have more? Smaller population, different priorities, not a member of NATO etc

Why does the UK need those capabilities ?
IMHO the UK wants to be a globe player

The UK has a long history of enduring ops and larger intervention ops

Of course maybe the UK wants out of that business. But can you guarantee once the capacity is lost that a future UK Government will use the remaining capabilities as if they had those previously available, and it will be troops and their families who pay the price.

It's all about logistics , at the end of the day. If you want to fight a meaningful battle. It pretty much always comes down to that.....no matter how many shiny weapons you have. Unless you go Nuclear.
Logs and teeth are required

No logs = limited vulnerable teeth

No teeth = mission not achieved and logs vulnerable

Among other things

We don’t claim to be able to project combat power

But you preach, complain and mock the UK’s Armed forces.

But you preach, complain and mock the UK’s Armed forces.
I haven’t once said it is the fault of the Armed Forces, they aren’t the ones making the cuts.

But of course it is they that could end up paying the ultimate price for them.

You have noted that I’m arguing for retaining capabilities not reducing them?

Last edited:
I haven’t once said it is the fault of the Armed Forces, they aren’t making the cuts

Whats your fascination with the UK’s Armed Forces?

Well I’m on a discussion board about the UK’s armed forces......
You don’t discuss, only criticise and question, often with dated information.

I'm seeing far too many"demands" and precious few "requests" from this arrogant little man. He should be reminded that he owes his position not to his own popularity, but to Marine Le Pen's.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
RIP
The Air Marshals must have come in their pants at this so-opportune job opportunity. SDSR (or whatever the latest round of cuts is called) and all that.

Latest Threads