Britain's new year resolution: intervene in Somalia

Britain's new year resolution: intervene in Somalia - Africa - World - The Independent

Britain's new year resolution: intervene in Somalia
Cameron claims failed East African state poses a direct threat to British interests.

What the F is it that gets into these Civvy Gits.
Blair committed UK to 5 wars of questionable value to UK.
Now Cammeroon is thinking of War No.2.

john
Trust Dave is planing to send his son to Sandhurst.
That is with his 1% pay rises.

basic definitions ;;

ARMY: Force of SOLDIERs. Roman rule = 100,000 men.
ROMAN SOLDIER: i wanna fight and then go home and prosper ala ROMAN stylee
Leader: Experienced soldier - Corporal to Colour ranks. Weary and battle hardened.
Officer: Highly trained in commanding Battalions etc. Tactics etc - I want my men home alive and i get rewarded with having the prettiest wife/cake/pot of gold coins.,,etc.

"DAVE" - MAN not SOLDIER
AIM: get re-elected....another spin of the wheel playing boss of UK PLC.
how? win a war!
Politicial:

cost... only in the lives of soldiers......
and the officers......
and the wives who are left behind... with children to raise....

Everyone wins.... dont they?

oh yea... but we are ARMY less the 100,000
we are UK DEFENCE FORCE....by roman standards...
a motley crue of the survivors of our previous wars... damaged and in need of a holiday....

Punitive air and naval raids when a spanking is called for, would be the best solution IMO. They could take the old HMS Belfast out for s spin to bombard port facilities.

Punitive air and naval raids when a spanking is called for, would be the best solution IMO. They could take the old HMS Belfast out for s spin to bombard port facilities.
Shhh! Everybody thinks that HMS Belfast's absence from the Olympics posters was down to airbrushing.

basic definitions ;;

ARMY: Force of SOLDIERs. Roman rule = 100,000 men.
ROMAN SOLDIER: i wanna fight and then go home and prosper ala ROMAN stylee
Leader: Experienced soldier - Corporal to Colour ranks. Weary and battle hardened.
Officer: Highly trained in commanding Battalions etc. Tactics etc - I want my men home alive and i get rewarded with having the prettiest wife/cake/pot of gold coins.,,etc.

"DAVE" - MAN not SOLDIER
AIM: get re-elected....another spin of the wheel playing boss of UK PLC.
how? win a war!
Politicial:

cost... only in the lives of soldiers......
and the officers......
and the wives who are left behind... with children to raise....

Everyone wins.... dont they?

oh yea... but we are ARMY less the 100,000
we are UK DEFENCE FORCE....by roman standards...
a motley crue of the survivors of our previous wars... damaged and in need of a holiday....
Another smackhead then

Can't we send all the Somalians in London back to have a nice talk with them?

What happened to that couple which was taken on a surprise holiday excursion? I remember the husband had an unfortunate accident with a machine gun. I bet his wife's ******** must be about the size of a dinner plate by now. Lucky tart, I bet she's loving it.

Gunboat up the Yangtze River is whats needed, at least thats what my Grandfather did. ( CPO Guns RN).

IMHO it would be almost un-bloody British to miss a chance to get stuck into the fuzzywuzzys.....

Well, with Afghan soon coming to an end (supposedly) it only makes sense to keep an eye on potential punch ups to keep the Army busy long into the future. It's been a long time since the British Army had no "shooting wars" on their hands (if ever?) yet it could be a real possibility after 2015 unless we pull our thumb out and quickly find a Jonny Foreigner to bully.

A deployment to Africa to knock a few fuzzywuzzy's heads together would be quite "retro" and it's not as if we need to fear a "Blackhawk down" scenario as we lack any Helicopters for them to shoot down over the Bakara Market anyway.