Britains Heroes Remembered

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tomahawk6, Jun 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. One of the bloggers I read from time to time was in London and witnessed Falklands Victory celebration. He has some nice pic's and he includes some interesting commentary.

2. it - surprised he didn't recognise the booties though!
  3. Also ...

Amen to that.
  4. I especially liked:

Sums it up, really.

5. I agree. Trouble is, they look like Brazilians. I hope they didn't have to run for the Tube.
  6. I attended the parade on Sunday. It was a moving tribute to all the guys. The pub's along Whitehall were packed with veterans who all seemed to be enjoying themselves. Well done the lads!!!!.
  7. Unfortunately I could not get to London to pay my respects and had to content myself with saluting those guys in front of my television.

Being a terminal cynic I thought that it was good that this government had allowed such an event to occur to deflect the public mind to remember a war we had popular support for in order to take our minds off two current conflicts they would rather the public forget!

While the public remember that conflict with pride for what it achieved, they are leaving alone those responsible for this one!
  8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Why were some gunners (I assume) wearing belts in No2s and others not?
  9. Rocky why this Avatar?
  10. just a change - didn't you recognise me? ;-)
  11. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Great parade, from what I saw from my armchair. Remembering mates who were lost and injured on RFA Galahad.

Touching song by the daughter of our 2IC, Roger Nutbeem RAMC. A great officer, who lead by example.
  12. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Totally agree Ventress,
    She has a beautiful voice &,hearing her sing that tune in honour of her father,the proud look in her eye's bought a tear to ones own eye's.Considering she was 5 when he was taken I'd say she has done his memory proud.