Britains Ethnic Minorities To Get New Names

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by armourer, Aug 8, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. FFS, this will stop muslims becoming terrorists.....not :roll:

Link to moron Blears proposal..what a stupid bitch

2. Pakistani-British names?

Hmm so like, Mohamed Bakri-Jones?

3. McChakribahti-Smythe?

4. The Caribbean Cricket team is called "The West Indies"

Black-British (FFS) people are happy to be referred to as "of West Indian descent" . Older West Indians still refer to home as being in the "British West Indies"

West Indians are either West Indian or British. Not Black-British , not African-British as any West Indian will tell you, he doesn't want to be associated in the same 'racial pigeonhole' as a Nigerian or Somalian.

Try referring to Indians as 'Indian-British' and wait out for the backlash. Once again, they prefer to be known as Indians or British.

This is needless. Oh I forgot, it's not, because once again, to appease the gobby Pakistani population , we have to bring in another needless set of terms of reference,because a large lump of the Pakistani caucas refuses to refer to itself as British in solus.

How about 'Ginger Witch-British" , while we're busy re-classifying by racial stereotype? But I guess she can't see these proposed terms of reference cause a larger racial divide?

5. Jaysus, does this mean all the ethnic monitoring sh1t on my Police tickets/forms are all going to be changed.......again?

6. It's Fothersque, Old Boy.....McChakribahti Fothersque-Smythe.

7. it has been brought to the attention of the equal opportunities underwear board that certain people in the community are referred to as RAG-HEADS. This actually not a rag but a little sheet therefore do the rightful and call them little dheet heads

8. Hmmm, Maybe I should start thinking of myself as "Half Scots, part Irish, part Welsh but with a bit of Arab Tar Brush thrown in, also happily married to an Englishman" Wow, that SO helps me identify with my "British" heritage.....

9. RTFQ

RTFQ RIP

Tony 'Top Bloke' Bliar should give them a choice:

British or Brazilian?

10. Funny thing is that many Indians who converted under the Raj did change their names to more english sounding names. I think many Asian Christian in Britain still carry on that tradition, so you can meet Indians/Pakistanis with rather tradtional names: e.g. George Felix, S.M Burke etc

11. Why not simplify things - White-British, Brown-British and Ginger-British?

12. How about integration before identification?
    Behave, conform, accept our rules and your responsibilities, THEN you can qualify for rights and privileges, such as the title "Citizen" (in the Judge Dredd manner).

13. No Citizens here! We're all Subjects of HM.

14. We could adopt the 'Starship Troopers' society model - Citizenship is EARNED by service in HM Forces (Crabs excepted ;) ).

15. So why is it racist to say Black or so on but "Europeans" are refered to as "Whites" so often. (eg) White farmers in (Insert random African Country) are all bad(Quote BBC).