Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Britain's Biggest Warship - 3 Part TV Series

Doesn't matter what they call themselves. They'll just be known as "wafu bastards" to the Ship's Company.

Or "Roof Rats"! :wink:

The nice thing about being a 'Handler' is, you're never likely to have a torpedo enter the side of your mess unless, there's a Damage Control exercise being run. 2M2 Mess, the flight deck for a 'roof' and, we got 'torpedoed',WTF ? :rofl:

Or "Roof Rats"! :wink:

The nice thing about being a 'Handler' is, you're never likely to have a torpedo enter the side of your mess unless, there's a Damage Control exercise being run. 2M2 Mess, the flight deck for a 'roof' and, we got 'torpedoed',WTF ? :rofl:

You could be tied up alongside the Argyll... I bet FOSTy updated his run book for that one... Bungling Navy officer accidentally fired a torpedo into a nuclear dockyard while doing maintenance

I was at FOST during this. My WO came in smiling as he dropped that steaming turd of a situation onto my lap...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And you embraced it as another "FFS Chief, nobody is THAT stupid????" And Lo, It became law... and the disciples had to also work out how on earth they would deal with this, however thankful they hadn't been pinged for the iPod upgrade dilemma"... yes, cheap joke, but I had to get it in before @stacker1

On Monday I tried to watch the first episode again, but BBC Iplayer refused to let me restart it after I was interrupted. However, you can still watch it with sign language. Even hearing impaired people are entitled to take joy from a national achievement.

On Series 2 now, part 1 gearing up for the first landing, however Florida first.

First night ashore and 6 arrests, discussed before but interesting to hear from one arrested, rather a nothing event with local coppers over reacting seems to be the theme. That none were charged on-board as they had been dealt with ashore was an indicator of the nature of the arrests, not very serious at all.

Oh an £7 per day extra to sort the gash, thats easy money.

Just caught up with the second half of this.

Same old shit.

Find an interesting Muslim / Commonwealth sailor to chat to. Double tick as they got both.

Lots of daily mail SI units. “HMS Queen Elizabeth is the same length as 15 double decker buses.” Tick.

Interview the fittest wren onboard. Tick, it was that bird doing the gash.

Show some lads going to the table. Tick.

Some old faces I recognised including my old DO off Exeter who is now a 2 and a half on there.

He got me massively in the shit once.

He was the officer in charge of the focsle part of ship. We were coming alongside somewhere and he asked me to go to the MCO (main communications office) and get a radio for him because he’d forgotten to get it himself.

So I did.

He then left it in the fwd breakwater because he couldn’t be fucked to take it back to the MCO afterwards.

It stayed there for quite some time and when it was eventually found it was fucked from sitting in a puddle of seawater for a few days.

Of course the MCO blamed me because I’d collected it from them.

The officer denied all knowledge.

Shabby man.

Last edited:
Aye @Ravers but there were good bits and the whole did show the Navy in a very good light - which is more than can be said for documentaries made about the Army.

I liked the Scouse flight deck comedian who knew when it was time to be serious. The Bish who appeared to be certifiable and just the whole crew as a reasonably happy bunch.

Good prog I found!

Why do all naval documentaries feature people sorting gash and people going to the table? Why not things like GPMG/Minigun shoots, FIREXs, man overboard drills etc. And why not watch some ASW with the Merlins working with the frigate?

Last edited: