Britain's Biggest Warship - 3 Part TV Series

Fella, you are a very poor sock. I am sure your prime account will become evident sooner or later..
nope.

The piss stain old farts club - it was better in my day. All fields around here.....

Seeing as he is in the RN and thus has a Security Clearance (Secret) someone was happy with his explanation of the convictions.

I'm fairly surprised that the papers have not picked up on this.

I watched episode 2 last night. It's alright but in my opinion the political correctness of these types of programmes ruin it. These programmes seem to focus on a token BAME or they get a pretty girl out for footage of steering the ship or stood in the air traffic control tower.
Secondly these programmes seem heavily sensored. I bet the guys who speak their minds, say it as it is and have a backbone are kept well away from the camera. I don't know if PAYD contractors provide the catering supplies and dictate the menus on ships, but at my unit PAYD is utter dog shite and not fit for purpose because healthy food would cut into the profit margin of the civvy shareholders.
But it doesn't surprise me that inconvenient truths like PAYD, funding, the spiralling costs of F35, retention and manning levels are not talked about in front of the camera. Instead they film the ships "yes man" to paint a rosy picture

Yep totally agree full of politically correct pompus tits and yes men, it looked like a holding pen for adults that were bullied at school.

And that lame "lobster pot thing, makes you wonder what a Torpedo would do.

Can't wait for next week to see the old duffers tears,...

nope.

I'm fairly surprised that the papers have not picked up on this.
Picked up on what? Chap with poor background including a childhood in care homes and a period of homelessness has life turned around after volunteering to serve his country?

I ******* hope the papers do pick up on this, should be a boon for recruiting.

Edited to add: You quim.

Picked up on what? Chap with poor background including a childhood in care homes and a period of homelessness has life turned around after volunteering to serve his country?

I ******* hope the papers do pick up on this, should be a boone for recruiting.

Edited to add: You quim.

Er the fact that the Navy is now recruiting convicts,..it was always the army that took the rif raf from the Thames and the Tyne and even they had limits, the navy as a Technical service once had certain standards.

You would NEVER get into any uniformed service with a tenth of those convictions in the US military, especially at the age of 32, you are seen by then as long gone.

Er the fact that the Navy is now recruiting convicts,..it was always the army that took the rif raf from the Thames and the Tyne and even they had limits, the navy as a Technical service once had certain standards.
So now I know you're either a never served civvie no-mark or a sock.

I assume you making a prick of yourself here means you'll always and forever be a prick then?

You would NEVER get into any uniformed service with a tenth of those convictions in the US military, especially at the age of 32, you are seen by then as long gone.
By thunder, that was interesting. Thanks for your contribution, well done you for having a go.

Also, there's a totally different mindset: a RNR friend who was a merchant mariner (master of a cable ship) in his day job, was taken aback by the notion of "making re-entry to a compartment" in a fire; if a fire's that bad on his ship that they've closed the hatch on it, then he's taking the most valuable items (the crew of technicians who know the black magic involved in re-splicing a broken fibre optic cable) and getting in the lifeboats, none of this "re-entry" business.
//slight, but related, thread drift//

When I left the RN, I worked on the Warship Trials Group for a shipbuilder that built ships for foreign navies. Despite most of us (the trials crew) being exRN, we were told that in the event of a fire or flood all we were permitted to do was raise the alarm and run away - TOTALLY contra to all our previous training.

//as you were//

I’ve been observing your posts and a common theme has arisen - you’re a cünt.

You've never heard of press gangs then?

It’s disgraceful isn’t it.

I mean, we manipulated Cdr L’s career to make sure she was there. Likewise, we picked out of the Captain of the Flight-deck’s presence on the Long Lead Skills Programme for 3 years before hand as well. I mean, our PR forward planning is excellent.

I’ll also be sure to tell the Capt, 1st Lieutenant, Cdr WE, Cdr Air, EWO, Bish, Commander et al that they’re actually “female”. Or the Diesel ‘Tif, the CPO Diesel ‘Tif or chefs are actually women as well.

Disgraceful, I tell thee...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
but isn't that the point. Irresepective of their capabilities.....

Really?

"Persons convicted of felonies may request a waiver to permit their enlistment. The waiver procedure is not automatic, and approval is based on each individual case. One of the considerations in determining whether a waiver will be granted is the individual’s ability to adjust successfully to civilian life for a period of time following his or her release from judicial control."

Suggests different...in fact...suggests exactly the same as the UK military.