Britain's Biggest Warship - 3 Part TV Series

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Thanks for the heads-up.

Just bumping this for anyone interested.

I can’t help but think this would have been better if they had waited until the carrier is fully operational - can’t help but think this will provide ammo to the ‘waste of money they don’t even have planes’ Brigade.

Meh.

They won’t be convinced regardless....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can’t help but think this would have been better if they had waited until the carrier is fully operational - can’t help but think this will provide ammo to the ‘waste of money they don’t even have planes’ Brigade.
Or it might be interesting to see the engineering involved .

No worries on that score @meerkatz requested an interview with the producers and was declined, meanwhile @jim30 can be spotted loitering in the background whenever the Captain is on screen. Jim is the one in the pin striped suit, tie, and cheesy grin :)

every department interviewed so-far they have trundled out the 'female'
It’s disgraceful isn’t it.

I mean, we manipulated Cdr L’s career to make sure she was there. Likewise, we picked out of the Captain of the Flight-deck’s presence on the Long Lead Skills Programme for 3 years before hand as well. I mean, our PR forward planning is excellent.

I’ll also be sure to tell the Capt, 1st Lieutenant, Cdr WE, Cdr Air, EWO, Bish, Commander et al that they’re actually “female”. Or the Diesel ‘Tif, the CPO Diesel ‘Tif or chefs are actually women as well.

Disgraceful, I tell thee...

Well, I found it interesting,amazing engineering involved.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
every department interviewed so-far they have trundled out the 'female'
Strangely enough most departments have females as part of the team, even the field gun team!

I thought it was a good programme which had a lot to cram in and there seem to be some real characters on board. I don't think I would like to get on the wrong side of the Captain though.

It’s disgraceful isn’t it.

I mean, we manipulated Cdr L’s career to make sure she was there. Likewise, we picked out of the Captain of the Flight-deck’s presence on the Long Lead Skills Programme for 3 years before hand as well. I mean, our PR forward planning is excellent.

I’ll also be sure to tell the Capt, 1st Lieutenant, Cdr WE, Cdr Air, EWO, Bish, Commander et al that they’re actually “female”. Or the Diesel ‘Tif, the CPO Diesel ‘Tif or chefs are actually women as well.

Disgraceful, I tell thee...

What is one of these?

No worries on that score @meerkatz requested an interview with the producers and was declined, meanwhile @jim30 can be spotted loitering in the background whenever the Captain is on screen. Jim is the one in the pin striped suit, tie, and cheesy grin :)
Wasn't me guv - honest! My suit is worn purely on occasions when I wish to persuade the presiding judge that I am a sensible person and not a guilty bastard...

I thought show was excellent - very well done indeed.

Strangely enough most departments have females as part of the team, even the field gun team!

I thought it was a good programme which had a lot to cram in and there seem to be some real characters on board. I don't think I would like to get on the wrong side of the Captain though.
Jerry Kyd is the best Officer I’ve ever worked for.

Stupid question ... seen as there is a high risk and danger of water leaking in the engine compartment onto electrics would it not have been a better design to have a splash guard or something sealed to the top of the junction boxes or made more waterproof .

Just seems odd seen as it all costs so much that you would not spend say an extra £30 on each part or so to avoid a massive and expensive problem .