Britain-Vatican Blamed For Putin Assassination Attempt

Funny rumours.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message479664/pg1

Reports circulating in the Kremlin today are stating that President Putin’s Federal Guard Service are blaming both the Vatican and British Secret Services over an aborted attempt to assassinate Russia’s leader.

The concerns being raised by the Federal Guard Service, according to these reports, began with their capture of the assassins, and as we can read as reported by Russia’s Kommersant News Service:

"Three armed Armenians were detained December 23 near Vladimir Putin’s residence in Novo-Ogarevo, Komsomolskaya Pravda reported.

Driving Audi and Mercedes, the Armenians neared the president’s country house by around 10:00 p.m., MSK, but only to be immediately arrested by officers of Federal Guard Service. The search showed that the detained had knifes, pistols and even a sabre with them. Their identities are being checked now."

Interrogation of the assassins by the FSB, however, revealed that they were, in fact, paid mercenaries of Britain’s MI5 Security Service and had in their possession travel documents linking them to a recent visit to the Vatican where they ‘admitted’ they had been paid in excess of $1 million for their ‘mission’.

Most disturbing of these events are their coinciding with US reports that have ‘predicted’ Putin’s assassination on January 7, 2008, and as we can read as reported by Russia’s Kommersant News Service in their December 13 report:

"A report called “Alternative Futures for Russia” will be issued in Washington today by the authoritative nonprofit Center for Strategic and International Studies. Besides the usual criticism of democracy in Russia, some parts of the report are downright fantastic. One of the alternative futures the report contains is a scenario built around the possible assassination of Russian President Vladimir Putin on January 7, 2008, in Moscow.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
One can only hope.

During the worst periods of Nazism under Hitler, Communism under Stalin and outrageous Fascism and stupidity under Mussolini in Italy, the Vatican didn't try and assassinate those bods; in fact, the even reached a form of detente with Hitler and Mussolini, so why, with Putin not burning down or stealng churches in Russia, the papacy would want to do him in is anyones guess.

As for MI5; well, yes, we might all be a little peeved at the beheading of one of our divers a few years ago, but sending Armenians in to do the blerk is a little amateurish isn't it? With a fcuking sabre?!?!?1

It's a capitalist, imperialist, papist plot I tell ya!!!

What the hell is wrong with sending in the Papal Shock Troops AKA The Jesuits? Jeez you use civilians you get monkeys who do it for peanuts rather than for the Glory of Mother Church. Putin wouldn't last two minutes with Sister Katherine from my old school......

I understand the Pope was a bit tasty with a Schmeisser in his younger days, so anything is possible. Chuck in a little too much fortfied communion wine over Christmas and 'Iron Cross' on the Vatican DVD and the old codger could easily be donning his old uniform and marching on Stalingrad.

There is something slightly worrying when the crazies are running loose in Moscow - and by that I mean the security people.

dan_man said:
The Vatican has secret services, wow you learn something new everyday, thats something to tell to your mates in the pub.
Only of you want to end up hanging from Blackfriars Bridge...

Allegedly. 8O

KGB_resident said:
Funny rumours
from the people that brought you the Protocols of the Elders of Zion...

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Of course the poor sods told their interrogators what they wanted to hear .. more to that process than just standing on their feet I should think.

In the real world I can't think that the chaos that would follow such an assassination would be sought by any rational Western agency.

Armenians have business going on in Azerbaijan and so forth ..

Tom_of_Bedlam said:
dan_man said:
The Vatican has secret services, wow you learn something new everyday, thats something to tell to your mates in the pub.
Only of you want to end up hanging from Blackfriars Bridge...

Allegedly. 8O
Careful now... :twisted:

dan_man said:
The Vatican has secret services, wow you learn something new everyday, that's something to tell to your mates in the pub.
Well they already have their own Vatican Secret Archives (funnily enough not much content on the page) so why not? Not forgetting their own military - even if the uniforms do make the Chavalry look like pictures of fine sartorial elegance. They've had their own Diplomatic Corps for centuries (beaten only by Venice and us) and it's been an open secret for donkeys years that they and a lot of the Church's other organisations do a bit of intelligence collecting for the head shed back in Rome as well. IIRC back in the 50s or 60s there were several analysts from America's NSA (their version of our GCHQ) that resigned rather than participate in the interception and cracking of Vatican diplomatic messages.

What amuses me is that this is apparently a joint UK-Vatican operation. Come on, I mean that's patently ridiculous. Everyone knows that the Holy See and Royal Family have fu*king hated each other since the Reformation/Dissolution of the Monasteries and have been trying to secretly kill each other off via their clandestine struggle for control of the world.

Apparently the Church was getting a bit uppity back in the late 70s so Lizzie got Phil the Greek to arrange to have the new Pope John Paul I whacked to send a message. They retaliated a few years later but their Manchurian Candidate assassin Michael Fagan's programming went a bit squew-wiff in transit and she was able to fend him off. Still better than their previous attempt the December before or Bela Stifter in 1987 who didn't even get the right palace. Their last attempt in 2002 the least said the better really since they didn't even get the right Queen.

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
dan_man said:
I believe that the Knights of St. John act as a unofficial intelligence gathering organisation. Actually headed up by an ex Scots' Guard (i.e GM) since 1988 if I recall rightly, first Brit to be the GM of the papal order. The priory of the English tongue is very telling if ever anyone has an afternoon to waste in London.

I don't want the news reports. I just can't wait for the movie.
How about the cast.
First of all, bring back Pierce Brosnan as Commander James Bond.
Sigourney Weaver as Sister Mary Theresa secret agent of the Vatican Secret Service.
Dame Helen Mirren as head of the Russian FSB doing her dialogue in Russian with subtitles.
Dame Judy Dench as "M".
Not sure yet who should play the Armenians.

Seriously, the Armenians have a record of very successful assassinations in the past 25-30 years. About 50 by ASALA and 9 or 10 by the Justice Commandos. Compared with their work these guys sound like amateurs. Maybe a few of the Monty Python guys could do these Armenians.

"Maybe a few of the Monty Python guys could do these Armenians." Haven't you heard? The last remaining suicide squad of the Peoples' Front of Judea killed themselves whilst filming Life of Brian....

I'm sure the Russians still have enough Oxbridge placemen in SIS to know this was clearly not us :jocolor:

Never mind the paper work for the internal enquiry if it really was being run from the north bank of the Thames rather than the south. :twisted:

I woder why those who forged these absurd anecdotal allegations about so called Vatican-British plot haven't mentioned recent conversion of mr.Blair to Catholic faith.

Indeed 3 Armenians were detained near Putin's residence. But apparently they they appeared there by mistake.

As for Andrew Kuchins then

http://www.kommersant.com/p835684/futurology/

A report called “Alternative Futures for Russia” will be issued in Washington today by the authoritative nonprofit Center for Strategic and International Studies. Besides the usual criticism of democracy in Russia, some parts of the report are downright fantastic. One of the alternative futures the report contains is a scenario built around the possible assassination of Russian President Vladimir Putin on January 7, 2008, in Moscow.
Kuchins has an entirely different vision. He imagines that “Russia and the world were stunned by the assassination of Vladimir Putin as he walked out of a midnight mass at the Christ the Savior Cathedral in Moscow on January 7, 2008 [Russian Orthodox Christmas] .” Kuchins continues that killer would not be caught and Russia would be thrown into immediate chaos. The stock market would collapse, mass strikes and demonstration would begin and, on January 20, a state of emergency will be declared. “What looked to be a fairly smooth transition to longtime Putin colleague Sergei Naryshkin taking over as president with Dmitri Medvedev stepping into the prime minister position was disrupted by the killing of Putin,” Kuchins summarizes his scenario, and the enforcement bloc in the Kremlin will gain power, that is, Igor Sechin, Sergey Ivanov and Nikolay Patrushev. By naming Naryshkin, not Medvedev, Putin’s successor, Kuchins has already erred by that much.

As it continues, Kuchin’s scenario starts to sound more and more like a suspense novel. After the imposition of the state of emergency, he posits, head of Russian Railways Vladimir Yakunin would become president and order the shooting of striking oil worker in Surgut. St. Petersburg Governor Valentina Matvienko and Moscow Mayor Yury Luzhkov would be sentenced to death for the embezzlement of billions of dollars. Nationalism will rise significantly along the way. But, after a series political and economic shakeups, there is a happy ending in 2016, with Boris Nemtsov becoming president with the help and funding of the again-free Mikhail Khodorkovsky.

Kuchins, the former head of the Carnegie Fund in Moscow, is one of the best-informed and authoritative Kremlinologists in the United States.
Such a scenario for Hollywood.

But what would be in it for the vatican? Perhaps there is something for them, these sort of things are rarely what they seem but it doesn't sound convincing.

Yes. Britain and the Vatican joined forces to defeat the evil Putin.

The only true part of that statement is "evil Putin". I'm considering going to Russia ASAP because before very long I believe Putin will have started another cold war with the west. So much for "communism lite". He is a lying, cheating barsteward, but quite an intelligent one in the way he can manipulate the press and russians.