Britain to send 1,000 troops to lead new Nato 'spearhead' force based in Poland amid growing threat

Any naval or air contributions? Not that we have any spare ships or aircraft.

SPIDER38

On ROPS
On ROPs
Watching David Cameron's after Summit speech with him talking about how Britain has an array of superb military hardware and then about how NATO would honour article five reminded me somewhat of the famous speech by Himmler when he ask's the baying audience if they [germans] wanted "total war" ..

.the fact is IFIF IF there ever was a "total war" with NATO and Russia the UK would cease to exist , America is too far, Russia is too big and they will not be attacking the likes of Italy or Germany the only nation that will get it full bore is Britain and that QRF will be nothing more than a speed bump...D Cameron and the British diplomats need to measure their words because if they think they can intimidate the Russians they are kidding themselves ,Putin knows that we are [unfortunately ] Liberals and Liberlism is weakness.

Something else worth mentioning as well is the fact that some people in the west actually think Putin has a point,NATO and western Liberalism has caused this mess

..Todays dateline on the NEWS Channel was good ,Yasmin Alaby Brown got a shoeing from a russian journo

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Watching David Cameron's after Summit speech with him talking about how Britain has an array of superb military hardware and then about how NATO would honour article five reminded me somewhat of the famous speech by Himmler when he ask's the baying audience if they [germans] wanted "total war" ..

.the fact is IFIF IF there ever was a "total war" with NATO and Russia the UK would cease to exist , America is too far, Russia is too big and they will not be attacking the likes of Italy or Germany the only nation that will get it full bore is Britain and that QRF will be nothing more than a speed bump...D Cameron and the British diplomats need to measure their words because if they think they can intimidate the Russians they are kidding themselves ,Putin knows that we are [unfortunately ] Liberals and Liberlism is weakness.

Something else worth mentioning as well is the fact that some people in the west actually think Putin has a point,NATO and western Liberalism has caused this mess

..Todays dateline on the NEWS Channel was good ,Yasmin Alaby Brown got a shoeing from a russian journo
Calm it kid.

.the fact is IFIF IF there ever was a "total war" with NATO and Russia the UK would cease to exist , America is too far, Russia is too big and they will not be attacking the likes of Italy or Germany the only nation that will get full bore it is Britain and that QRF will be nothing more than a speed bump
Russia aren't going to start a nuclear war, neither is the UK

@bumhole You too, me both. Daft idea.

Eat , drink and be merry, for tomorrow you're toast

I'm sure that will keep Vlad awake at night. He'll be counting ICBMs to get off to sleep.

SPIDER38

On ROPS
On ROPs
Russia aren't going to start a nuclear war, neither is the UK
You are right and i agree BUT Article five makes that possible ,and the rhetoric this week from BOTH sides has blunt.

It is my opinion that the west is so confident that this can all be solved by financial sanctions that they are allowing themselves to talk tough ie by setting up this supposed QRF ,the problem might come if Russia calls their bluff and turns up in Estonia to protect ethnic Russians one day

NATO allowing the Eastern European's to join was surely not sensible when history is taken into acount ,it has essentailly allowed its-self to stand between a family dispute [all be it a deadly one] ...

the alliance has gone from a Defensive military stance involving western nations with common interests and common historys to a Political one involving alien nations and an offensive militay stance ,after all this is how Russians view Article five.

Last edited:
So NATO is reinventing the wheel and bringing back, in effect, the AMF(L).

It's not the beginning of the end. The force was in existence before a lot of you fainting violets were born so dry your eyes and man up.

Alien? 40 years of iron curtain does not make the Poles, Czechs or even the Balts less European. When it comes to the Byelorussians, Ukrainians even Romanians to a large extent....yeah, it can get iffy from a far western perspective. but less so if you look at them as a Czech or Pole.
As for the wisdom of letting them join NATO, see two perspectives: either the west decided that everything east of Germany belonged to Russia permanently and we should stay out until Russia was powerful enough to take over again, or NATO expanded.
I'm glad NATO expanded, because I'd rather Russia had less territory to easily colonise.

Liberals and Liberlism is weakness.

How exactly has the belief in free and fair elections, civil rights, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, free trade and private property lead to the situation in Russia? What's weak about it?

Frankly i think this decision is going to ensure that in years to come there will be a continued campaign for a sodding NDM in light of service for queen, country and polish brothels.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Frankly i think this decision is going to ensure that in years to come there will be a continued campaign for a sodding NDM in light of service for queen, country and polish brothels.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
......and the chance to laugh at 100 squaddies piling in at the bottom of a ski slope. Happy days are here again hahaha!

I wonder if they will start opening 'English' shops on their High Streets after a while?

Latest Threads