Britain - The descent into the third world

Not so sure I agree totally with that.
Due to my Dad's work, we moved four times in ten years but the moment we arrived somewhere, my Mother joined the local WI & CF & the PTA of the school(s) we were at.
A community is to a large extent what you're prepared to make of it & IMO it's attitudes, rather than mobility that have eroded it.
No, it's not a single determining factor but certainly a contributing factor.
I live in a small detached hamlet - but we've got good transport links (apart from very unreliable bus service). Go somewhere remote and rural (Yorks Dales) and if it has a major employer that suddenly disappears it can't just reinvent itself - even over several years. Northern mill and mining towns are an example (and they're bigger and better connected).
If people don't have expendable income, pubs, eateries and local venues suffer. Crap internet, postal service - hard to run some businesses from home.
Yes, there is community spirit. My eldest has noticed what is obviously 'county lines' becoming more visible - that's also a 'community'.

Yes, there is community spirit. My eldest has noticed what is obviously 'county lines' becoming more visible - that's also a 'community'.
I had that, moved into a sleepy Welsh village

Come back commuting from England one evening and my road is jam packed with police cars, and it turns out the house opposite was rented by a drug dealer, who was caught after first escaping through a washing machine and then broke a leg jumping into a neighbours garden

Seems they were the local connection to Liverpool for a while

Got back from turkey sunning myself last week. While Erdogan is a tosser, the baggage handlers don't take all fcuking day to sort your kit off the plane (Mcr airport lot are as slow as cot death), their internal airlines are fcuking top notch compared to the likes of a BA flight from the north to one of the London airports & the local bus services are all modern VW or ford minibuses with aircon. It was also ridiculously cheap too yet everything worked & the locals are always a nice smiling lot even if they're trying to make money out of you.
I've been loads of times all over the mental country & I'll keep going back. I say the same about each country i've been to as opposed to UK. If it wasn't for work opportunities i'd flush this place off my shoes & be gone.

I’m currently in Japan with the family and have been reflecting on the vast differences between here and the UK.

What will Britain be like in 20 years?

Where do you see yourself?

Where did it all go so wrong?
I was hung up on England. Imagine my joy when posted from Tripoli, Bum Fuck North Africa to the Midlands. See my avatar.

After I was again posted, it was ten years before I returned on holiday and, after that, nearly every year until my trip counter reached twenty-one. I have not been back for about twelve years and I'm sorry to say I may never return again.

It wasn't simply to Rip Off Britain thing although that was part of it. I usually holidayed in April which is shoulder season according to the travel industry. It was everything from privatized railways, herds on the Tube, longtime friends who had departed (in both senses of the word).

Two bright spots: The Red Lion Inn in Evenley and RAF Croughton.

The pub had been buggered by some unthinking arseholes who removed the beer engines, installed a jukebox, cigarette machine, fruit machine and electric fires on the grate. Nearly all that has been reversed by new CAMRA supporting owners (as of my last visit). I have been fortunate enough to have guided tours of RAF Crow over the years and little has changed there, except Google Earth shocked me. My old barracks has been demolished. Sacrilege! That was my HOME!

It's not the same welcome sight I saw in 1964. Like Ravers, I'm getting older faster and am disillusioned old git by it all.

What will Britain be like in twenty years?

That doesn't concern me. I'll be long under the turf at the nearby National Cemetery.

Maybe the wrong post but just back in the UK this week and its the end.

Local PostOffice/ Co_op or Tesco store.

Pre cooked hard boiled eggs?

WTF IS THAT ABOUT?

Ludlow is not full of busy,busy people who do not have the time to boil a fuccing egg.

Also 50p an egg , a box of 12 is less than a pound in Lidi.

I really dispare.

If this is really your only problem with the UK you are doing very well.
I've bought those a few times when we fancied an impromptu picnic whilst on the road going somewhere.Do what they say on the box.

PS it's spelt despair.

Got back from turkey sunning myself last week. While Erdogan is a tosser, the baggage handlers don't take all fcuking day to sort your kit off the plane (Mcr airport lot are as slow as cot death), their internal airlines are fcuking top notch compared to the likes of a BA flight from the north to one of the London airports & the local bus services are all modern VW or ford minibuses with aircon. It was also ridiculously cheap too yet everything worked & the locals are always a nice smiling lot even if they're trying to make money out of you.
I've been loads of times all over the mental country & I'll keep going back. I say the same about each country i've been to as opposed to UK. If it wasn't for work opportunities i'd flush this place off my shoes & be gone.
Almost exactly the same experience with Dubai, tbh. Whatever else Dubai does, Emirates staff sandy side, and the flights, have been excellent. All passes much too quickly before arrival back at sullen institutional misery.

Maybe the wrong post but just back in the UK this week and its the end.

Local PostOffice/ Co_op or Tesco store.

Pre cooked hard boiled eggs?

WTF IS THAT ABOUT?

Ludlow is not full of busy,busy people who do not have the time to boil a fuccing egg.

Also 50p an egg , a box of 12 is less than a pound in Lidi.

I really dispare.
It would have been a better rant if you had complained about a fellow shopper wearing what appears to be pyjamas with piss stains and skid marks showing, grunting, swearing profusely, and smoking a spliff.

Boiling the egg adds value.

4/10 - must try harder.

D

Deleted 154930

post-WW1: UK Government does nothing for the people.
post-WW2: UK Government starts to inflate public services.
60s: Everyone starts to get cynical and the policy of managed decline begins.
70s: The Government joins the Common Market, removing our connection to the commonwealth.
80s: Thatcher takes a Scythe to every industry and priorities London. At that point, the only patriots left in the country live in and around London and that is largely fake.
90s: We move into the EU and slowly begin integrating deeper. Detaching government from the democratic process.

People know the Government doesn't believe in the United Kingdom, except as a PLC. So, the nation is now no different to your employer, your there to be exploited.