Britain - The descent into the third world

Stig991

Clanker
A bit of pedantry. The 'internet' was invented by the Yanks for the US DoD. The World Wide Web was invented by the Brit Tim Berners-Lee. If anyone is interested in the history of the internet 'Where wizards stay up late: the origins of the internet' by Katie Hafner is a good place to start.
Even more pedantry. The internet was not "invented by the yanks for the US DoD" that was ARPANET, an early packet-switching network like the British Net 1 developed at the National Physical Laboratory.

If anyone is interest in the history of the Internet, don't read complete crap by a former new york times journalist.

Seems you've swallowed septic bullshit for a quite a while. Guess you also think the US invented the steam engine and the lightbulb too.

I doubt many people on here have ever watched Brookside or Shameless - Christ, I don't even watch TV anymore !
Youtube, Arrse and BBC R4 ( in the very early hours .... starts getting shite around 7am.)

The Shipping Forecast, Farming Today and (heathen that I am) Prayer for Today ..... they soothe the soul.

Try GBNEWS on freeview 236 for a wider view on current affairs!

endure

GCM
Even more pedantry. The internet was not "invented by the yanks for the US DoD" that was ARPANET, an early packet-switching network like the British Net 1 developed at the National Physical Laboratory.

If anyone is interest in the history of the Internet, don't read complete crap by a former new york times journalist.
What do you suggest I read instead then?

4.5yrs years despite doing 8mths of a 2yr sentance then went on to rob more OAP's the same night, Even the QC's statement's a fcuking joke no wonder we are on a slippery slope

this snip " Lady Stacey imposed an Order for Lifelong Restriction on Stewart, whose crimes span the past 25 years. He must serve a minimum of four-and-a-half years in jail." really shows how much of a joke our legal system has become, he should have had his neck stretched for killing anyone, never mind an old lady, scum like that don't deserve to live costing us tens of £thousands a year to keep locked up!

Edit - beaten to it by @Grownup_Rafbrat.
@Grownup_Rafbrat
As aforesaid, a letter is not evidence.

It's just some historian trying to make a name for themselves and sell a book. Rather apt that the dead aren't around to defend themselves.

Seems you've swallowed septic bullshit for a quite a while. Guess you also think the US invented the steam engine and the lightbulb too.

Even more pedantry, DARPA sponsored the research, so it was really invented for the DOD

As Arpanet was the precursor of the internet, and defined a mass communication system designed to survive a nuclear war, one could say that was invented by the yanks for the US DoD...If you wanted to be pedantic

The internet only really changed when Tim Berners Lee came only and became Web 1.0

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
@Grownup_Rafbrat
As aforesaid, a letter is not evidence.

It's just some historian trying to make a name for themselves and sell a book. Rather apt that the dead aren't around to defend themselves.
Fair point on that example, but my original one, that Churchill had flaws, rather than being a paragon, still stands.

Sadly our beloved country is rapidly declining into a third world dump. Why did we bother?

On the tweets about this incident I noticed this .. The last sentence is so true

1656854175140.png

Fair point on that example, but my original one, that Churchill had flaws, rather than being a paragon, still stands.
Undoubtedly, he was a man of his time. My OP was that he had values though, and that's missing in most politicians and most famous people who are considered role models.

Truxx

LE
Not that easy. About 20 years ago I owned a Landcruiser and after having my brake pads changed by Halfords one of my front wheels fell off on the A10 taking the wheel studs with it.

After a couple of hours of pissing about both the police and the two recovery drivers, they'd called departed leaving my car exactly as they'd found it and the road coned off to a single lane because you need 4 wheels in place for a total lift truck and the vehicle has to be able to roll for a recovery truck with a ramp.

As there didn't seem to be an alternative I bought 3 wheel studs, installed them myself, put the wheel back and drove home very carefully.
That is the start of a very old joke.

Long story short take 1 x stud/ nut from each of the other wheels and crack on with 3 in each wheel.

Oh the joke?

Punchline "don't forget to put a good word in for me"

Latest Threads