Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Britain stole $45 trillion from India and lied about it.

Sana

Old-Salt
Having been to India I wouldn't think the majority would notice much difference.

The 'Great unwashed' are still the 'Great unwashed'.

The local Maharajas home was proudly full of his family links to the British Raj.

The old Raj buildings had seen better times and there was 'Earth' like indifference to the past, whilst at the same time your social standing was improved as a member of The Gymkhana Club etc.

'Earths' problems stem from his and India's inferiority complex. An adolescent dislike of their parents also they didn't have to fight for independence they were given it.

The Telegraph: Indian PM strips islands of British colonial names - and renames them after freedom fighter.

Four Million. (4,000,000) Indians' volunteered to fight for the evil, oppressive British Empire during World War II. The largest volunteer army the world has seen.

The PM honours the freedom fighters, the very same deserters/malcontents/traitors that their own country men shot out of hand when captured fighting for the Japanese or Germans. No such honours for the 4,000,000.

4 million? I thought it was 2.5 million in WWII and 1.4 million in WWI.

Yes, during WWII the British Indian army was actually the largest volunteer army in human history. Now today deserters and traitors are honoured.

Edit: I think there were 4 million men-at-arms in the British empire.

Last edited:
4 million? I thought it was 2.5 million in WWII and 1.4 million in WWI.

Yes, during WWII the British Indian army was actually the largest volunteer army in human history. Now today deserters and traitors are honoured.
Not only that, but a so called freedom fighter that collaborated with the Nazis and Facist Japan - whose actions even today are reviled in South Korea, China, Philipines, Singapore, Hong Kong and other Asian countries.

That great Indian Freedom fighter, mate of Adolf and Tojo the one and only Subas Chandra Bose. On his way to that bastion of democracy and freedom - Stalin's Soviet Union when he was killed in a plane crash.

Subhas Chandra Bose.

Not only that, but a so called freedom fighter that collaborated with the Nazis and Facist Japan - whose actions even today are reviled in South Korea, China, Philipines, Singapore, Hong Kong and other Asian countries.

That great Indian Freedom fighter, mate of Adolf and Tojo the one and only Subas Chandra Bose. On his way to that bastion of democracy and freedom - Stalin's Soviet Union when he was killed in a plane crash.

Subhas Chandra Bose.
He made some nice speakers though.

Subhas Chandra Bose.
The great thing about Bose was he died soaked in burning petrol

I think that British politicians down the years need to be held to account on an important point on this theft of £45 trillion, funds mismanagement. If they act/had acted smartly then why on earth have I been paying income tax and the like down the years? Invested wisely, this money could have been paying for the NHS, UK roads, housing, world best railways etc. to this day.

Bloody politicians.

Last edited:

Subhas Chandra Bose.
I read somewhere that the INA tried to surrender to British Troops wherever possible, the Jawans were likely to shoot them out of hand.
I don't think prisoner taking took up a lot of time in Burma though.

Deduct 5000 miles of railway track and it's infrastructure and all the profits from the $830 million tea industry the Britsh set up from scratch.

Plus the number of wives we stopped you spouse arsonists setting fire to.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Deduct 5000 miles of railway track and it's infrastructure and all the profits from the $830 million tea industry the Britsh set up from scratch.

Plus the number of wives we stopped you spouse arsonists setting fire to.
Hush now. It was a lovely, peaceable place when we rocked up and it's only all rapey now because we went there and made them all agitated.

Mine's a decaf.

Latest Threads